cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An ambitious horse will never return to its old stable

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Just played Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Not sure if it's 100% DX12 if you know what I mean...anyway, I ran it in DX12 without a flaw...never crashed and graphics superb!

Just started Far Cry Primal...was going for an eye test until I realised it's just not that good graphically...still...looks fun at least. You feel part of the food chain...and not near the top!
6 REPLIES 6

Janne-71
Level 7
Ohman far cry primal....it's just bad in my oppinion. I played it like 3 hours then could not take anymore. Im thinking playing rotr again with my current setup 1440p monitor.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
I am a bit of a completionist for games...have ground on to the bitter end on a few titles that were not exactly deserving...

Cant/wont/don't want to make it through Far Cry Primal....really p'd off I paid for this...just dreadful....should have been a £10 expansion or add on or something....not a game...just ridiculous....no story...like zero...zip...nada...just boring

Nate152
Hey Arne !

I didn't get far cry primal although I almost did, is it really that bad?

I know you have far cry 4, how does far cry primal compare game and graphics wise?

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
I didn't make it into the Far cry franchise until No 3....really enjoyed that. 4 was more or less the same thing as 3 which made it pretty good fun but maybe left you wishing for a bit of a change to the formula.

Far Cry Primal is just taking that hunger, that hankering for something different and trying to sate it with a thimbleful of dusty mammoth pee when you wanted, expected to eat a huge bloody mammoth steak.

Graphics wise it's the same mostly...or a bit worse. IMO there is a bit too much DOF use, too much haze, too much blury this that and everything in order to hide the fact there is zero to tax the GPU here. After playing ROTTR it is back in the stone age graphically...but OK...not really a complaint I would make if there was some story or something to keep you hooked.

It's kind of fun for the first hour maybe when you feel well down the food chain...but then gets real stale when you realize it's just rinse and repeat on 3 or 4 fetch quests and you soon have an owl which doubles as an A10 and a sabretooth tiger that doubles as a T90 and like this even the Jurassic wouldn't challenge you let alone a couple of dumbass cavemen.

Then the only things that could pass as characters in the game start speaking and behaving Australian or Texan for some inexplicable reason and you know this game was an afterthought of an afterthought and the franchise just hit rock bottom!

Don't pay full price for this!

Nate152
Thanks Arne, I guess I'll be skipping this one then maybe they'll get back on track with far cry 6.

Janne-71
Level 7
Skip it, it is really really bad :D. So bad im going to look carefully before i buy anything far cry in it. 3 and 4 were good though.

Ubisoft should do a new splinter cell game...i recently played splinter cell blacklist and loved it, graphics is not really today but it was surprisingly entertaining and challenging game. More games should be like that.