cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios update 1902 & qcode 00?

Asurakun1
Level 7
Hello everybody I think i need some help with my system or help understanding the issue.

Recently I just updated my M8Extreme's bios from 1504 to 1902. When I first downloaded the update I used the EZ flash utility method.

Heading into bios and installing it directly from the bios utility. All was good giving that it read the file and began updating the system.
I believe it rebooted once stating that the bios was updating and that you weren't supposed to reboot or shut off during the process.
Albeit it rebooted by itself and hanged there for about a good 10 to 15 min. all the case fans connected to the mobo wasn't running other than the CPU fan which still spun. qcode read 00 and when i looked at the manual it said that it wasn't used.
after awhile i decided to shut it off and cut off the power of the pc and the surge protector.
I let it sit there for a good 5 min and when i booted it back up the system became operational, asus logo, windows logo and i could head into desktop. but this still brings me to question.

What happened during the update, why did i get a q code 00 instead of a full boot(q code 6F) to my desktop?

Mobo: Asus Maximus viii Extreme
1 REPLY 1

Chino
Level 15
The update process is usually a two phase process. The first is done inside the BIOS and the second is right after the restart.