cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG279Q latest firmware

Sco80
Level 7
Hi. When will the latest firmware ship? With what manufacture date? I believe the Acer xb271hu started shipping new firmware models in July. Thanks for your help.
5 REPLIES 5

izzyreb02
Level 9
I heard someone said here that they got the July one where it already had the latest firmware on it, I sure hope it is cause I just brought mine on Saturday with July 2016 .

Thank goodness I brought it later in the year, not when it first got released.

I bought 3 of these a little over a month ago, all manufactured april/may of this year and all 3 have the slice issue, there is no way I am shipping these back to them for the firmware update, took 10 monitors to get 3 that were worth keeping as it is.

Just rang my local store to confirm manufacture dates. Apparently new stock has arrived for the asus pg279q but get this. On the box there is no date stating when the monitor was manufactured so god knows if it's an august batch which would have the updated firmware. Where as the Acer xb271hu has the date of manufacture on the box which says august so it's safe to say that the Acer will or should have the updated firmware. I think I will be buying the Acer based solely just on this alone.

Froto wrote:
I bought 3 of these a little over a month ago, all manufactured april/may of this year and all 3 have the slice issue, there is no way I am shipping these back to them for the firmware update, took 10 monitors to get 3 that were worth keeping as it is.

You can try and find the closest service center near you and can take it in person maybe. I don't actually know how that works but I've been told that it's possible. The other option is to wait a while and just accept your issue until the firmware update gets released to the public as a do it yourself solution. This will probably never happen though as it would most likely require a special cable and port on your computer, plus the aplication to upgrade, and dissembling your monitor part way will be needed which would void the warranty.

So yea, try and see if there is a service center near you. otherwise just send it in. make sure you have all yours serial numbers saved or take a picture of the label on your monitors.
I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v
MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 OC core:2055Mhz Mem:5504Mhz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like what I post, hit that Rep button.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.

Crashcourse316 wrote:
You can try and find the closest service center near you and can take it in person maybe. I don't actually know how that works but I've been told that it's possible. The other option is to wait a while and just accept your issue until the firmware update gets released to the public as a do it yourself solution. This will probably never happen though as it would most likely require a special cable and port on your computer, plus the aplication to upgrade, and dissembling your monitor part way will be needed which would void the warranty.

So yea, try and see if there is a service center near you. otherwise just send it in. make sure you have all yours serial numbers saved or take a picture of the label on your monitors.

Yeah Ill contact customer service and see if there is a center near me, I am not really in a prime location for a quick drive to get it done, so hopefully if there is one close to me it has weekend hours, otherwise I will just live with it for the next 5 years if that's the only option I am left with, it's to bad they didn't make this public before I purchased so I could have at least waited a little longer for the upgrades to be done prior.

***update***

Live chat, although not the greatest route to take, insists that shipping my screens to California is the only place that can/will do the upgrade, so yeah forget that