cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Origin not loading if SS2UILauncher is Enabled on startup

scgt1
Level 8
So Origin has constantly been crashing on load. I've sent in countless error reports to Origin to no avail. I finally got on facebook and messaged them. I was told to end all non windows services then disable all startup programs and reboot. Viola Origin started right up. Of course this solution isn't going to work for me considering that disables all intel, gpu, controller, audio, and system protection software on bootup. So today I went through one by one disabling and rebooting until I got to two programs left in Startup to try.

So this brings me to SS2UILauncher. Which we all know is the problematic Sonic Studio with WIN10 Anniversary issues we all know about. Well I take a deep breath and click disable on it then reboot. (Mind you the only other thing I had to end was Steam. Surely Origin isn't stooping that low to not allow you to run Origin if you have Steam running. That wouldn't be a smart move.) N

Needless to say I get my Origin window open with all my games in the Library on boot up. I can manually open Sonic Studio after boot and it has no effect on Origin but the problem still lies in SS2UILauncher can't be booted with windows and Origin work.

Side note I got a pm about new audio drivers from someone but I'm afraid to install them since I do have Sonic Studio working properly finally on a beta or something that someone linked to in the thread for SS Win10 Anniversary issue.
3 REPLIES 3

Bahz
Level 12
Thanks for reporting this issue, the unofficial driver has already been confirmed by others to have fixed the issue. Regarding this issue with the Origin game client, I have already forwarded this information over to our MB software team to further look into this.

It's not limited to Origin client games. Several Steam, Uplay and Standalone games also have the same problem.
All of the following run unstably or not at all with Sonic Studio running (Event viewer confirms SS is faulting).

Sleeping Dogs : Crash on launching (Steam)
Call Of Duty, World at War: Crashes when getting on to the boat in the first stage (Standalone)
Fallout 3 : At any random point the game crashes but a majority of the time it's when entering and exiting areas (Steam)
Fallout New Vegas: Same as Fallout 3 (Steam)
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare: Crash when first playable screen appears (Steam)
Battlefield 4 (as the original poster said) (origin)
Battlefield Hardline (as the original poster said) (origin)
Assassins Creed : Syndicate (either at the interactive loading screen or when you enter an area with echoing sounds) (Uplay)
Far Cry 3 : Exiting the hut after receiving the tattoo (Uplay)
Far Cry 4 : Completely randomly (Uplay)

That's as far as I have tested and confirmed. There could be more. I've got to the point where I make sure to close SS completely before playing anything.
On a side note, and I have posted this before: When you open the Sonic Studio client and it's the main application on the screen (not in the background)
GPU Usage jumps up to 40%. Not good for people with heavily overclocked cards running their case fans in silent mode.

Bahz
Level 12
Thanks for the additional information, I have sent you another message for additional information, please kindly get back to me.