cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG279Q - Asus Tech support reply is absurd

Wheezy
Level 7
I literally just received this reply from Desmond W regarding the PG279Q as I started having the vertical line issue. I sent in my request via the link in the sticky above.

Ready, it's good for a laugh. At the same time, I absolutely despise getting the run around on tech support on an $800 monitor that is clearly defective.
I'm in shock that Asus have people replying to technical support tickets that give answers like the one below. :mad:

"I do appiligize for the issue you are having with that vertical bar and I regret to inform you that a monitor is a plug and play device
and doesn't need a firmware or any form of drivers to perform to its designed specifications, a monitor doesn't have a fairmware."
4 REPLIES 4

SimondsUnchaind
Level 7
Wheezy wrote:
I literally just received this reply from Desmond W regarding the PG279Q as I started having the vertical line issue. I sent in my request via the link in the sticky above.

Ready, it's good for a laugh. At the same time, I absolutely despise getting the run around on tech support on an $800 monitor that is clearly defective.
I'm in shock that Asus have people replying to technical support tickets that give answers like the one below. :mad:

"I do appiligize for the issue you are having with that vertical bar and I regret to inform you that a monitor is a plug and play device
and doesn't need a firmware or any form of drivers to perform to its designed specifications, a monitor doesn't have a fairmware."
The live chat support is honestly the biggest joke. I have been told that router AC ratings (AC 1300, AC 1900, AC3200 etc.) are just Asus model numbers and have no relevance to internet speeds or hardware specifications. I have been told to troubleshoot a motherboard without a GPU, the list of incorrect information given by them is off the charts.

ALWAYS call. Apparently phone support also has a level 2 and level 3 support which you can ask for, usually resulting in a far more knowledgeable person. (I have not tried asking for higher "level" support myself before though.

Great information on calling, thank you!.

I did reply to the first ticket with a link to the sticky above as well as some general information regarding hardware/firmware.

I have been told that my "issue" has been sent to level 2. If they don't come through with a response that I'm happy with I will call.

Thanks again for the information and your time, it is appreciated.

Wheezy, please PM me, I'll help you out.

PM sent! :cool: