cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751 Battery charging issue

irishaf15
Level 7
I have the ROG G751 JY which is maybe 1 1/2 years old
All of a sudden the battery says 0% (plugged in and charging) however it won't go above 0%
Now, all of a sudden it charges to 5% but won't go further than that and if I restart it's back to 0%

I can run it via the power cable but since these machines have power cords that randomly fall out with the most gentle movement I'm finding I'll be in the middle of editing
photos and the machine shuts off.

The one nite I rebooted, it ran literally 1 minute and shut off, restarted and it ran literally 1 minute and shut off and kept doing that for about 20 minutes. I was making sure there
was ZERO movement on the cord.

Does anyone have an idea if this is the battery which of course is inside the machine so you have to take it to someone to replace or could it be the cord?
So frustrating to purchase a high end laptop for the money I did and already be having issues.

My lesson from this, don't buy another laptop which has an internal battery lol
8 REPLIES 8

dnver
Level 7
i have the same problem also for my laptop g751jt anyone knows how to fix it?

Clintlgm
Level 14
Yep sound like a bad battery, and yes disassembly of your notebook is required I would contact tech support https://www.asus.com/us/support/callus
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
Yep sound like a bad battery, and yes disassembly of your notebook is required I would contact tech support https://www.asus.com/us/support/callus

Well I have contacted them and they'll fix it for a mere $250.00 but the thing is, this thing is so heavy I hate to go through trying to mail it back. It wouldn't be bad if the cord isn't faulty and falls out at
even the slightest breath on these things. You'd think for a machine over 2k they'd at least have worked on that .

I may take it to someone local so I don't have to try and mail this monster

hmm mine is 4 + years old and the plug to computer is still very snug as is the plug that goes into my UPS. So I don't understand why your cord is loose? I'm guessing that the plug is good but the socket is damage that would be soldered on to the mother board?
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
hmm mine is 4 + years old and the plug to computer is still very snug as is the plug that goes into my UPS. So I don't understand why your cord is loose? I'm guessing that the plug is good but the socket is damage that would be soldered on to the mother board?

Do you have the same model? I've seen others post that theirs is the same. It feels secure but randomly falls out

No I don't and I haven't noticed this issue here in this forum, but then I don't read every thread either. I think I would set a trap for that Gremlin that keeps pulling your plug
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Try a full system reboot i had this issue some months back and it fixed it.

one of many problems ive had with this g751.

JustinThyme
Level 13
2 things,

1) your battery is toast.
2) you need to do something about that connection. That happens when you have it under heavy strain. Ive have had many laptops over the years and always took care to not have that connection stressed and Ive seen many get loose over the years, NONE of them mine and every single one of them was from abuse.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein