cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG279Q not recognized at boot - black screen

moheban79
Level 7
Hi,

New monitor. Hooked up to an EVGA 980 TI Kingpin mini-DP port (with adapter). Motherboard or GPU (can't tell) beeps twice and monitor doesn't sync or turn on but system continues to boot windows in the dark. However when old monitor hooked up to DVI port as well the PG279Q is recognized and added to the extended desktop and recognized no problem just as a second screen. Not sure what is specifically the problem. Can anyone help?

Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4

cljustin
Level 8
Have to tried setting the PG279Q as your primary screen via Windows?

cljustin wrote:
Have to tried setting the PG279Q as your primary screen via Windows?

Hi,

As luck would so happen I had another monitor, an Acer XB271HU, to test with as I was comparing the two to decide which one I liked better.
That Acer and my old monitor connected via DVI to DP individually both had no issues posting and syncing the display and was able to get into
my motherboards bios for example as where I could not with the Asus PG279Q. I mean the monitor works but just skips the initial syncing and
goes straight to the Windows login page. So its no good for me if I want to change a motherboard bios setting. Not sure why this is happening.
I even tried disabling the screen's overclock mode but that had no effect. May try to reset the OSD setup but doubt that will do anything. FWIW the
Asus PG279Q manufacturer date was labeled as January 2016 so it must have a bad firmware or something. I mean I really liked this monitor as
far as the design and screen quality are concerned but its like buying a Mercedez with airbags that don't work. Oh well.

Thanks.

Kotronas
Level 9
Have you any other monitor/tv on the cards? I have the same issue after updating bios or when I remove power from the PSU, but after login to windows first time everything turns to normal and bios is shown on the pg279q.

If I am not wrong the system prioritise the ports like
DVI>HDMI>DP

Lacan
Level 7
I had this issue, I almost returned my PG279Q over it. It made it difficult to access the bios or even install Windows. Solution is simple, go into the menu of your monitor under settings disable Display Port deep sleep. I haven't had problems since.