cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning my ASUS ROG G20

MasterChao
Level 7
So I happily purchased an Asus ROG G20 a few months back. Of course, it is going to need to be cleaned. Since the PC has a unique case design, I was wondering how you are supposed to clean dust out from the case. Is there a tutorial anywhere?

-MasterChao
6 REPLIES 6

chilinmichael
Level 10
As far as a guide? None that I know of/have seen.

To really clean it, you'd have to open it IMO (voiding the warranty)
Asus G20CB - Core i7 6700, Nvidia GTX980, 16GB Ram, 256GB SK Hynix SSD, 1TB Samsung SSD.

chilinmichael wrote:
As far as a guide? None that I know of/have seen.

To really clean it, you'd have to open it IMO (voiding the warranty)

I Agree, if you do not care about your warranty you may open it up and dust it off. If you care about warranty I suggest you contact the nearest service center and inquire.
If they provide free preventive maintenance clean up.

I know little to nothing about cleaning or taking apart computers. Does that mean I'm pretty much screwed?

chilinmichael
Level 10
I'd say yes and no. This PC isn't hard to take apart, there are many tutorials linked to on here that are on YouTube. That being said, as soon as you open this unit the warranty IS void. Any forcing of air through the unit may land more dust inside where you don't want it. I'd try to keep the environment it is in clean, and inquire with Asus on what they recommend, if you want to keep the warranty valid.
Asus G20CB - Core i7 6700, Nvidia GTX980, 16GB Ram, 256GB SK Hynix SSD, 1TB Samsung SSD.

chilinmichael wrote:
I'd say yes and no. This PC isn't hard to take apart, there are many tutorials linked to on here that are on YouTube. That being said, as soon as you open this unit the warranty IS void. Any forcing of air through the unit may land more dust inside where you don't want it. I'd try to keep the environment it is in clean, and inquire with Asus on what they recommend, if you want to keep the warranty valid.

Thanks for the response. Would I just contact ASUS through support?

chilinmichael
Level 10
Yes