cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme VIII fan control issues

Zatie12
Level 7
Hi Folks

I've purchased 4 identical Noctua PWM fans and I ran the auto fan detection in the BIOS which has detected different min/max duty cycle settings for each fan, even though they are identical fans.

How do I change the min/max duty cycle settings along with other advanced parameters. I can't seem to find a way to do it in either the BIOS or the Fan Xpert utility.

Also, Fan Xpert isn't ramping the fans up to the specified line on the graph, it seems to be keeping the fan at a much lower RPM. Any ideas how to solve that issue too?

Thanks very much
2 REPLIES 2

Chino
Level 15

Buellersdayoff
Level 7
Here is what I found with my maximus viii gene... Run something like realbench and adjust your fans to suit your loads (asus motherboard uses a different cpu sensor reading) then record the settings and apply them in the bios. Fan tuning may need to wiped in bios first. Fan header three and four on my won't go to the actual minimum the fan is capable of. So I used a splitter off cpu and fan header two. Hwinfo64 core temp reads 25 idle and say 60 load whereas the the asus sensor reads 30 idle 50 load (approximate for me anyway) hence the reason why the fans won't ramp up to what you expected

Edit; then uninstall ai suite