Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG 師傅 Array Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Laptop?...No way! (Model?...Jun Amaki...yes way!)
    MotherboardROG ZENITH EXTREME
    ProcessorTHREADRIPPER 1920X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14Q-32GVK
    Graphics Card #1GTX Titan X
    Graphics Card #2SLI is dead to me
    Graphics Card #3Tri SLI is even dead to Nvidia
    Graphics Card #4Quad SLI is dead to everybody especially my credit card
    Sound CardXonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950 PRO
    Storage #22x OCZ VERTEX 3/2x WD Caviar Black 500GB / 2x WD RED 2TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Loop: Dual D5s, Dual Alphacool Monsta 480s, XSPC Raystorm Neo TR4, EK TitanX WaterBlock
    CaseNope!...Phobya Bench...let it all hang out man!
    Power SupplySeasonic SS-1200XP3
    Keyboard Logitech G810 or Fender Rhodes Electric Piano (MKI 73)
    Mouse G502 or Speedy Gonzalez...not Mickey...don't do Disney!
    Headset ...firmly on neck
    Mouse Pad Mouse don't got his own pad man...lives with me
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Spinnaker...or you mean the speakers in my head...man too many voices to name them all
    OS Win XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 Spyware Edition
    Network Router56k modem
    Accessory #1 Umm...nice tie?
    Accessory #2 Err...belt?
    Accessory #3 3 accessories?! I'm not a girl!!

Nice post projix...

Good when people can post up some rational thoughts instead of jumping on the internet bleed bandwagon. Puts this virtual non-issue in good context!

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Janne-71 View Post
    I would not return it if the bleed is only issue, that's pretty much as good as it get's with these monitors. +it could diminish overtime as others have said. It all comes to if it bothers you or not. Download color profile for it from tftcentral, they also tell you what brightness values to use etc. If the second picture is lifelike, then you might even consider yourself lucky :P.
    Hey there Janne-71,

Thanks for the reply, ehm the picture is not as representative of real life as it could because let's say when I have the brightness high, 80 for instance and I have a dark background from ingame or a movie or perhaps even a wallpaper, i can see 3 spots where the bleeding comes through, however, like you pointed out I think the chances of me getting something as good as this is pretty slim because the previous specimen was terrible when compared to this one.

Now ofcourse, an individual who is OCD on perfection and what not could say this is not acceptable but I am quite inclined to keep this one unless of course i find scratch marks or other blemishes on this one too, if that is the case then I will ask for a refund because I find it difficult to fathom how a monitor for this price can have such bad QC that a scratch is on the display and the possibility of having extreme bleeding issues and what not.

So you reckon me lucky huh?

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Janne-71 PC Specs
    Janne-71 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus rog maximus hero viii
    ProcessorIntel skylake i5 6600k @ 4.6ghz
    Memory (part number)g.skill tridentz 2x8gb 3200mhz
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte 980ti gaming g1
    MonitorAsus pg279q 144hz
    Storage #1Samsung evo 850 ssd 500gb
    Storage #2Western digital 1tb hdd
    CPU CoolerCooler master hyper 212 evo
    CasePhanteks enthoo evolv atx
    Power SupplySeasonic 760-p
    Keyboard Corsair k95 mechanical
    Mouse Logitech g502
    Headset Akg k550
    Mouse Pad Razer goliathus
    Headset/Speakers Logitech z623 200w
    OS Windows 10 home

Try to use 30-40 brightness at most, it is really enough for this monitor. That might help with the issue also. Myself i use 25. And yes, that 60 brightness looks good to me, almost no bleed at all. Should not bother you in real life gaming or whatever you do with it. IPS monitors have their faults some more some less.
    Last edited by Janne-71; 02-25-2017 at 11:01 AM.

Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

Im with Arne on this one. I find it laughable when I see someone post one day of how great the monitor is then the next day how awful it is when they read of how if you do something that no one will ever do in normal operation by making the room pitch black, cranking brightness to max and displaying a black screen. If you do and sit around looking at a black screen you have other issues that only professional help may have a chance at resolving.

I have this monitor and have it set up in a dimly lit room with settings at a comfortable level and If I go to a dark screen and look at it in precisely the right angle I can see a small amount of bleed. Normal use I don't notice it at all. Have I tried the aforementioned test with the dark room and max brightness, uhhhhhh NO as I will never use it to stare at a black screen in the dark. I'm old but my mental state hasn't slipped that far off.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    Im with Arne on this one. I find it laughable when I see someone post one day of how great the monitor is then the next day how awful it is when they read of how if you do something that no one will ever do in normal operation by making the room pitch black, cranking brightness to max and displaying a black screen. If you do and sit around looking at a black screen you have other issues that only professional help may have a chance at resolving.

I have this monitor and have it set up in a dimly lit room with settings at a comfortable level and If I go to a dark screen and look at it in precisely the right angle I can see a small amount of bleed. Normal use I don't notice it at all. Have I tried the aforementioned test with the dark room and max brightness, uhhhhhh NO as I will never use it to stare at a black screen in the dark. I'm old but my mental state hasn't slipped that far off.
    Who is Arne? I think you mean Janne?

Anyway, I do not understand what you are trying to imply since nobody attested to anything you addressed, but now that you mention it, I do think that any individual should test their monitor and see whether there is any excess bleeding or some physical damage as was the case with my previous specimen because the acceptance of ips glow and bleeding is very subjective and depends on the individual, BUT, scratches or any other physical damage, nope, there is no way in hell that something like that is acceptable for a 800 euro product, you might not agree with that but then again, it makes no difference, at the end of the day people will decide for themselves whether they will accept physical damage on a 800 euro monitor or not.

I think i will keep mine because for all I know if I return this one I might get something much worse than the first.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts guys.

Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

Quote Originally Posted by xilus View Post
    Who is Arne? I think you mean Janne?

Anyway, I do not understand what you are trying to imply since nobody attested to anything you addressed, but now that you mention it, I do think that any individual should test their monitor and see whether there is any excess bleeding or some physical damage as was the case with my previous specimen because the acceptance of ips glow and bleeding is very subjective and depends on the individual, BUT, scratches or any other physical damage, nope, there is no way in hell that something like that is acceptable for a 800 euro product, you might not agree with that but then again, it makes no difference, at the end of the day people will decide for themselves whether they will accept physical damage on a 800 euro monitor or not.

I think i will keep mine because for all I know if I return this one I might get something much worse than the first.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts guys.
    No I mean Arne, Poster at top of page and long time member.
    Go back and read the previous page and some of what I addressed it there and this forum and multiple others as well as youtube is saturated with precisely what I addressed.

Scratches should be addressed by the vendor you bought it from for selling used and returned items as new, you are right that this is not acceptable and I find it highly unlikely they are leaving the factory like that. This is all from people doing precisely what I pointed out then returning multiple monitors trying to achieve the impossible. You may or may not get one that is a little better but none are perfect.

ROG Enthusiast Array nightstrike PC Specs
    nightstrike PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Samsung NP-R580-JSB1US
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Extreme
    ProcessorIntel i7-6700K
    Memory (part number)F4-3866C18Q-16GTZ
    Graphics Card #1Asus STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING
    Graphics Card #2Intel HD 530
    MonitorAsus PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro MZ-V6P512
    Storage #2Western Digital WD6001FZWX
    CPU CoolerPhantek PH-TC12DX
    CaseCM Storm Trooper
    Power SupplySeasonic SSR-850TD
    OS Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC88U

I bought this monitor a few months ago. I have been nothing but pleased with it. I did extensive testing ot make sure I "won the lottery", and buy, I sure did. I use it almost exclusively in a dark room with no lights but the red LED on its base. I keep the brightness up all the way, with the blue light filter on level 4 until I fire up a game. I leave it overclocked at 165 Hz, and I use G Sync to slow it down dynamically when required (rarely, though, with my O8G).

I am happy to report zero stuck pixels, zero dead pixels, zero bleed, and minimal glow. I will point out that I have a very recent serial number, such that it is after all of the production issues that this monitor sadly faced. That said, though, I couldn't be happier with this purchase.

I think the only thing I'd ever change on this would be a USB port or two on the left side for easily sticking in a USB stick now and again, as accessing the ports from underneath is difficult and only really for permanently plugged in devices. But those, for me, run directly to the computer. Given that the M8E has a ton of ports already.... well, you get the idea.

Anyway, thanks for the write up. Along with many other reviews, it helped inform my decision to make this be my early Christmas present towards the end of last year. It's just taken me a long time to come back around and finally post here
    Last edited by nightstrike; 03-25-2017 at 01:25 AM. Reason: typo

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Janne-71 View Post
    Try to use 30-40 brightness at most, it is really enough for this monitor. That might help with the issue also. Myself i use 25. And yes, that 60 brightness looks good to me, almost no bleed at all. Should not bother you in real life gaming or whatever you do with it. IPS monitors have their faults some more some less.
    Happened to read this thread again, and +1 on this.
    My brightness in a lit room is 33...

I can't imagine using 80 brightness in a dark room - that will burn your retinas out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2