Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

So I guess nobody else has seen the Freesync issues then ?

How is rma usually done, do you get a freight notice so they come and pick it up or do we go via our closest dealer ?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

What Freesync issues do you mean? Are you referring to the noticeable line down the middle problem?

New ROGer Array

The ones in my last post...

I have the same issue with the same monitor, but with my Asus Direct CU2 OC R9 290x card. Sometimes when alt+tabbing or starting a game, it gets the strange line down the middle as well as on the left side.

Also, since the last 2 driver revisions from AMD, that is 17.4.x as well as 17.5.x Free Sync doesn't seem to work at all in several games. World of Warships, Mass Effect Andromeda.
    FPS is rock solid steady 60-75-ish depending on the game. But both games exhibit lots of microstuttering, and when looking in the screen gui you can see the HZ changing beteween 89 -54 - 34, then back to 89 again. And I assume the change to 34 which is below the limit is what causing the stuttering. But it does that cycling about once every second or so. Turning Freesync off in the driver makes it smooth, but of course, with no v-sync on, lots of tearing.

Using no eyefinity, no crossfire, no profiles or anything. I do have a secondary monitor that is not vsync capable on the side, but never run anything except a browser on that window.

Damocles you will have to contact ASUS with an RMA request. Fill out the form and explain the issue you have. It is a known issue to them. Then just follow the steps needed. The monitor has to be sent away in order for ASUS to update the firmware on it. For me it was drop it off at the nearest Purolator. The other issues I haven't really noticed but as they seem to be driver related they could depend on the game or app being run in conjunction.

Angry Had MG279Q Replaced with a Busted Monitor

So as I posted before when I sent my MG279Q in for the firmware update it was instead replaced with a new monitor that has screen issues. Thus leaving me worse off than before. I don't know why it was replaced as the entire contact with ASUS Support was about the firmware update and nothing else. I had actually been glad they were not replacing the monitor as aside from the line issue the screen on my old one was fine.

I am currently talking to ASUS but they seem to have no idea. Between this and ppl saying the firmware update does nothing I do not understand the response on their part to this whole thing at all.

ROG Member Array

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by InternetOwl View Post
    So as I posted before when I sent my MG279Q in for the firmware update it was instead replaced with a new monitor that has screen issues. Thus leaving me worse off than before. I don't know why it was replaced as the entire contact with ASUS Support was about the firmware update and nothing else. I had actually been glad they were not replacing the monitor as aside from the line issue the screen on my old one was fine.

I am currently talking to ASUS but they seem to have no idea. Between this and ppl saying the firmware update does nothing I do not understand the response on their part to this whole thing at all.
    That's incredibly frustrating and why I'm hesitant to send mine in. I'm starting to think maybe I'll just have to live with using it at 143Hz.

ROG Member Array

Last time I talked to Asus tech support over e-mail they did want me to send my monitor back in for a second attempt at repairs (they didn't specify what the repairs would be). However, I too am definitely holding off on shipping it out a second time given other people's recent results.

I hear that grum_feast. Still that I have heard I am the only one to have my monitor replaced. I still think ASUS seems to really be trying to address this problem but the chain to the support centers seems to be broken. I wouldn't assume you would get my result and there has been at least one positive post for the issue and monitor being fixed in this thread.

But yes, IT IS incredibly frustrating.

Ex-employee Array

Can you guys both confirm that you already gone through with the firmware update?

ROG Member Array

Well I ended up selling both my Sapphire AMD R9 Fury's and jumped ship to a Gigabyte NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti so good luck to everyone who is still working to get this resolved but the 143Hz did work well for me.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast