Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Been going through all the standard troubleshooting steps with tech support but not making much progress so far. Right now they're trying to say that my Fury card is defective since I don't get the line with my R9 280X over the same cable. Considering how many Furys this seems to be affecting I doubt there's anything wrong with mine in particular (though if AMD or Sapphire put out a firmware fix I'd happily install it).

Anyway when I get the time I'm going to try plugging my Fury into the DP on my old monitor just so I can let tech support know it's only the combination of the Fury and the MG279Q that's causing the problem.

ROG Member Array

Just got done testing my old Asus VS278Q with my Fury over the same DP cable I've been using on the MG279Q. Made sure settings were stock then turned it off and on 40 times. No line unsurprisingly.

I'll live with the 143hz workaround for now. Aside from the line issue this is still honestly the best monitor I've ever owned. If the problem ever gets resolved then I can actually start recommending it to other people.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by grum_feast View Post
    Just got done testing my old Asus VS278Q with my Fury over the same DP cable I've been using on the MG279Q. Made sure settings were stock then turned it off and on 40 times. No line unsurprisingly.

I'll live with the 143hz workaround for now. Aside from the line issue this is still honestly the best monitor I've ever owned. If the problem ever gets resolved then I can actually start recommending it to other people.
    It does seem like this may be an issue specific to some certain AMD cards but from our end our engineers have adjusted the firmware to fix it for most AMD cards that have this scan line issue.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    It does seem like this may be an issue specific to some certain AMD cards but from our end our engineers have adjusted the firmware to fix it for most AMD cards that have this scan line issue.
    Hoping then that more people post their RMA results since that would help.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post

Hi, I also own an MG279Q with this line issue -

So how do we update the firmware of our monitor like you say? I cannot find any relevant downloads or documentation online.

Thanks,

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

anonywhy, you will have to contact ASUS with an RMA request. Fill out the form and explain the issue you have. It is a known issue to them. Then just follow the steps needed. The monitor has to be sent away in order for ASUS to update the firmware on it.

Hope that helps.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Borsten View Post
    Can you explain how the custom freesync tweek works? I know I've seen a thread about it somewhere but can't find it right now. Has it any downsides?
    I've read about multiple OC being used for a while without any issues. But as with everything, we can't tell quite really. It fixed all of my glitches, so I'm happy but still monitoring this. Since my last post I had the line come back, but because my CRU settings got overided. I'll read a bit more about this firmwire update offer.

New ROGer Array

Just saw this thread a few days ago.

I have the same issue with the same monitor, but with my Asus Direct CU2 OC R9 290x card. Sometimes when alt+tabbing or starting a game, it gets the strange line down the middle as well as on the left side.

Also, since the last 2 driver revisions from AMD, that is 17.4.x as well as 17.5.x Free Sync doesn't seem to work at all in several games. World of Warships, Mass Effect Andromeda.
    FPS is rock solid steady 60-75-ish depending on the game. But both games exhibit lots of microstuttering, and when looking in the screen gui you can see the HZ changing beteween 89 -54 - 34, then back to 89 again. And I assume the change to 34 which is below the limit is what causing the stuttering. But it does that cycling about once every second or so. Turning Freesync off in the driver makes it smooth, but of course, with no v-sync on, lots of tearing.

Using no eyefinity, no crossfire, no profiles or anything. I do have a secondary monitor that is not vsync capable on the side, but never run anything except a browser on that window.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by anonywhy View Post
    Hi, I also own an MG279Q with this line issue -

So how do we update the firmware of our monitor like you say? I cannot find any relevant downloads or documentation online.

Thanks,
    Sorry I missed your question but the firmware update requires a special tool so your monitor must be sent back and our service center to update the firmware.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

RMA Result

I have received back my MG279Q after RMA'ing for the firmware update. ASUS instead replaced the entire monitor when they shipped it back stating that there was a display port function error on my previous one. Luckily the screen seems to be fine on this new one however the line is still present at times. I assume that the new monitor would have the updated firmware so the fix did not work for me and my Fury. I appreciate the effort ASUS seems to be going to but the result is pretty poor.

In any case this is my result after RMA'ing the monitor.

*UPDATE* Turned the monitor on and there are green vertical lines running on the right side of the screen. My old one at least did not have that.
    Last edited by InternetOwl; 05-18-2017 at 05:35 AM.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast