Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Orkrak View Post
    There you go, custom cru with freesync upgraded 53-143hz (freesync Vsync tweak) and the static 143hz profile for windows resolution under the advanced tab.

Photo : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9I...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9I...ew?usp=sharing
    Can you explain how the custom freesync tweek works? I know I've seen a thread about it somewhere but can't find it right now. Has it any downsides?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by DrPhyll View Post
    Was hoping for a downloadable fix, because now i have to buy a cheap 2nd hand monitor until the ASUS returns mine :/
    But yeah, at least it's a fix Thanks Bahz!

Do we have to specifically ask for a firmwareversion as i'm kinda scared returning it and getting it back updated with a firmware version that doesn't contain the fix for our problem.
    I opened a ticket, linked them to this thread, and gave the relevant info about my issue. I also included the PM I got from Bahz too. Hopefully turn around is quick

New ROGer Array

Is there any way to do this firmware update on my own so I don't have to ship and wait without a monitor?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Borsten View Post
    Is there any way to do this firmware update on my own so I don't have to ship and wait without a monitor?
    I second this.

ROG Member Array

yea I'm almost wondering if by 'firmware' they mean they're sticking a new panel in the old casing (which I'd be totally for)

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by jershinator View Post
    yea I'm almost wondering if by 'firmware' they mean they're sticking a new panel in the old casing (which I'd be totally for)
    As long as the new panel doesn't suffer from horrible backlight bleed. I already had to return my first order of this monitor cos the backlight bleed was horrible. This new one is near perfect.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ross View Post
    As long as the new panel doesn't suffer from horrible backlight bleed. I already had to return my first order of this monitor cos the backlight bleed was horrible. This new one is near perfect.
    I saw that you had a few questions, regarding the first one if you can just download some software to update the firmware, no that can't be done because a special tool is required to update the firmware. You don't need to worry about the panel being changed as they'll just update the firmware and you'll get back the same monitor with the same panel.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    I saw that you had a few questions, regarding the first one if you can just download some software to update the firmware, no that can't be done because a special tool is required to update the firmware. You don't need to worry about the panel being changed as they'll just update the firmware and you'll get back the same monitor with the same panel.
    Perfect. Thanks for all you help in getting us a resolution to this. Much appreciated!!

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Grische View Post
    While I have the exact same issue as the thread author, I have a different card:

Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro (aka Tonga)

When I enable FreeSync, my issue occurs at 90Hz, together with a blurry screen. With FreeSync enabled and 60Hz everything is fine. This seems to be completely OS independent.

When I disable FreeSync, I get plenty of error message from Windows Driver, but it seems to look OK. When I disable FreeSync on Linux, I only get massive flickering (and hence an un-usable screen).
    Basically the same issues as described here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...e-while-gaming

I already tried two identical monitors with the same issue (Respective SNs are in Bahz' inbox).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Thanks for the additional information, I'll continue to push regarding this.
    I got a PM from Bahz as annouced, followed the instructions and got a replacement monitor a few days later which resolved the issue with a duplicated line when FreeSync is enabled!

Unfortunately, disabling FreeSync in the menu of the monitor still causes massive flickering in Linux and causes a link failure in Windows (see image).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MG279Q_Link_Failure.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	62857

Nevertheless, thanks a lot for the effort, Bahz!

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

So ppl have already gotten information on how to send in their monitors? Didn't think it would be so fast.

Also nice news on the fact no panels will be changed just a firmware update.
    Last edited by InternetOwl; 03-05-2017 at 12:38 AM.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast