Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Can you guys both confirm that you already gone through with the firmware update?
    Okay. This will sound rude, but since I have just received my second reply from ASUS telling me to 'reset the monitor' in the OSD along with a helpful diagram of a VGA end explaining I should look for 'bent pins', here goes. First, I DON'T KNOW if the firmware was updated. I assume it was not on mine but I don't know. It was RMA'd and sent away for that explicit and only reason. Instead it was replaced with a new monitor. A busted one that STILL has the same line issue on top of it. I don't know why it was replaced. I only know I got screwed somewhere between the support and the service center.

I know you are trying to help Bahz, and imo you have done a pretty good job here. ASUS support was great too. But the end result was basically a joke on me and ASUS. By the bye, if I hadn't gone through with the firmware update, I wouldn't have sent my monitor away and thus would still have my original working screen. Sure it would show the middle line but it wouldn't have faint green and red lines on the entire right side.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by InternetOwl View Post
    Okay. This will sound rude, but since I have just received my second reply from ASUS telling me to 'reset the monitor' in the OSD along with a helpful diagram of a VGA end explaining I should look for 'bent pins', here goes. First, I DON'T KNOW if the firmware was updated. I assume it was not on mine but I don't know. It was RMA'd and sent away for that explicit and only reason. Instead it was replaced with a new monitor. A busted one that STILL has the same line issue on top of it. I don't know why it was replaced. I only know I got screwed somewhere between the support and the service center.

I know you are trying to help Bahz, and imo you have done a pretty good job here. ASUS support was great too. But the end result was basically a joke on me and ASUS. By the bye, if I hadn't gone through with the firmware update, I wouldn't have sent my monitor away and thus would still have my original working screen. Sure it would show the middle line but it wouldn't have faint green and red lines on the entire right side.
    Could you please PM again with the product serial number of your current unit and also the previous RMA#? I will further escalate this case for you as you deserve no less than a perfectly working monitor. Sorry I didn't further follow up with you since you received the replacement.

ROG Member Array

Can you guys both confirm that you already gone through with the firmware update?
    According to the e-mail I got from tech support they did apply the firmware update to mine.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by grum_feast View Post
    According to the e-mail I got from tech support they did apply the firmware update to mine.
    Thanks for confirming, if I remember correctly since the firmware was updated on your monitor. Using the 143Hz solution has fixed the problem for you right? For some even the 143Hz solution isn't working. I've reported the Fury Nitro issue to our display team but there's no update yet, I will further follow up on this.

Thanks to Bahz ASUS got in touch with me to RMA my screen back to them for replacement and firmware update. Also explained why they had replaced my original monitor as well. So fingers crossed and I will let ppl know how it turns out.

ROG Member Array

Thanks for confirming, if I remember correctly since the firmware was updated on your monitor. Using the 143Hz solution has fixed the problem for you right? For some even the 143Hz solution isn't working. I've reported the Fury Nitro issue to our display team but there's no update yet, I will further follow up on this.
    Yes, the 143hz solution is still working for me.

Ex-employee Array

Yes, the 143hz solution is still working for me.
    Thanks for confirming that, I believe our service team has recently reached out to you regarding returning your monitor again. Have you heard from them yet?

ROG Member Array

Thanks for confirming that, I believe our service team has recently reached out to you regarding returning your monitor again. Have you heard from them yet?
    Yes, I've decided I'm going to give RMAing one more shot. I've replied to them and am just waiting on the shipping label now.

Ex-employee Array

Yes, I've decided I'm going to give RMAing one more shot. I've replied to them and am just waiting on the shipping label now.
    Great, please update us on the results once you receive back the unit. Thanks.

Great RMA Result

I received a new monitor back from ASUS and can report that everything is now fine. The new unit is great but just as important is the fact that the line issue is now gone. I have tested it for several days using my Sapphire Fury Nitro and the line no longer appears at all. One thing is that I have also been the checking the reported resolution and it is now also always correct where before in the OSD is was usually just slightly off as several of us noticed.

So thank you to Bahz and to the ASUS team. A few false starts but they got it done.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast