Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by InternetOwl View Post
    I received a new monitor back from ASUS and can report that everything is now fine. The new unit is great but just as important is the fact that the line issue is now gone. I have tested it for several days using my Sapphire Fury Nitro and the line no longer appears at all. One thing is that I have also been the checking the reported resolution and it is now also always correct where before in the OSD is was usually just slightly off as several of us noticed.

So thank you to Bahz and to the ASUS team. A few false starts but they got it done.
    Thanks so much for providing back with this information, it's a big relief for me to know they finally managed to fix this issue completely.

ROG Member Array

I just saw today that my RMA is done so I should be getting it back in about a week. I'll be sure to post results though it sounds like this is the fix that's going to work for everyone based on InternetOwl's results.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by grum_feast View Post
    I just saw today that my RMA is done so I should be getting it back in about a week. I'll be sure to post results though it sounds like this is the fix that's going to work for everyone based on InternetOwl's results.
    That's great, with your confirmation it should then confirm for others that this solution does help resolve the issue completely. I'm looking forward to your update. Thanks.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Really hope things work out for you grum_feast. Mine is still working perfect so hopefully the fix will do it for you as well.

ROG Member Array

Sigh... well I got the monitor back and so far the strange line in the middle hasn't shown up. However, I now have an entire column of dead pixels stuck on red that are about 1/3rd from the left side. I tried resetting CRU and updating the drivers but I'm pretty sure this is a physical problem.

I'm guessing now I need an entirely new panel...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170717_201621-2.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	66043

Ex-employee Array

Sigh... well I got the monitor back and so far the strange line in the middle hasn't shown up. However, I now have an entire column of dead pixels stuck on red that are about 1/3rd from the left side. I tried resetting CRU and updating the drivers but I'm pretty sure this is a physical problem.

I'm guessing now I need an entirely new panel...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170717_201621-2.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	66043
    That's horrible, I'll have this case escalated for you as soon as possible.

ROG Member Array

Got a new shipping label from tech support so I'll be shipping the monitor back out today. Crossing my fingers again.

Ex-employee Array

Got a new shipping label from tech support so I'll be shipping the monitor back out today. Crossing my fingers again.
    Hoping for the best, I'm sure you won't need to send it in again as they're going to quadruple check this time before they sending it back. We do apologize for the inconvenience caused.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Hoping for the best, I'm sure you won't need to send it in again as they're going to quadruple check this time before they sending it back. We do apologize for the inconvenience caused.
    I'm ok with the additional wait since shipping was paid for and thanks for the escalation Bahz.

A bit more details on what it was doing before I sent it back again btw... With the CRU settings reset and the refresh set to 144hz I probably power cycled it 30+ times without the original blurry line showing up. Before it came up maybe 1 in 5 times so I think the new firmware fix really worked this time. To test the solid red line I plugged the monitor into my Chromebook over HDMI and it was still there so it definitely seems to be dead pixels and not something else.

At least this new issue won't be as tricky for the service center to troubleshoot.

Ex-employee Array

I'm ok with the additional wait since shipping was paid for and thanks for the escalation Bahz.

A bit more details on what it was doing before I sent it back again btw... With the CRU settings reset and the refresh set to 144hz I probably power cycled it 30+ times without the original blurry line showing up. Before it came up maybe 1 in 5 times so I think the new firmware fix really worked this time. To test the solid red line I plugged the monitor into my Chromebook over HDMI and it was still there so it definitely seems to be dead pixels and not something else.

At least this new issue won't be as tricky for the service center to troubleshoot.
    No problem, I hope you get the monitor back as soon as possible. It's good to hear that the scan line issue seems to be fixed for you. Looking forward to your update once you get back the monitor. Thanks.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast