Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
    ROG Member Array

Alright, got everything back from Asus today so here's my report.

They went ahead and sent me a brand new MG279Q. No dead pixels that I can see and the backlight has less halo than the one I had before so zero complaints there. I plugged it in through DP, made sure all my custom CRU settings were cleared, and set the display to 2560x1440 @ 144hz. After power cycling the monitor over 20 times the strange line has *not* shown up.

Unless by some miracle it glitches out later I'm going to say everything is looking good. Thanks Asus and Bahz.

ROG Member Array

One last thing, overclocking my freesync range to 57-144hz is still working.

Ex-employee Array

I'm so glad to hear that you have a perfectly working monitor now, thanks for sharing this update with us.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by grum_feast View Post
    Alright, got everything back from Asus today so here's my report.

They went ahead and sent me a brand new MG279Q. No dead pixels that I can see and the backlight has less halo than the one I had before so zero complaints there. I plugged it in through DP, made sure all my custom CRU settings were cleared, and set the display to 2560x1440 @ 144hz. After power cycling the monitor over 20 times the strange line has *not* shown up.

Unless by some miracle it glitches out later I'm going to say everything is looking good. Thanks Asus and Bahz.
    Hey, can you provide an update on this? Is the issue cleared?

@Bahz, I would like to have my monitor shipped in for repair too. What steps do I need to take?

Thanks *

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Glutenbob View Post
    Hey, can you provide an update on this? Is the issue cleared?

@Bahz, I would like to have my monitor shipped in for repair too. What steps do I need to take?

Thanks *
    Yes, through multiple reports of users who sent it back for the firmware update, this issue now resolved. If you confirmed that you do have this scan line issue then please contact local customer service to arrange to have monitor sent back for RMA. If you encounter any issues with the local customer service, please send me a private message with the product serial number, RMA#, and Case ID# and I can follow up on this for you.

New ROGer Array

So far so good - very pleased

I sent my monitor in last Wednesday and got it back the following Wednesday. The whole process took one week. The scan line issue is gone. Bahz was great. Thank you very much for helping get this issue resolved. The panel looks great. Running at 144hz with no issues. Finally!!
    Last edited by nhguapo; 10-07-2017 at 11:43 PM.

New ROGer Array

I found this thread yesterday and have been wondering for 2 years what was wrong with my computer/setup. I spent thousands replacing parts and building multiple computers to figure out the issue and for some reason didn't suspect the monitor. I went and bought a PG279Q (since I have another computer with an Nvidia card) and of course the issues I've been having are completely gone.

My symptoms:
    - Horizontal Scanline that goes top to bottom is extremely apparent
    - Screen generally looks blurry
    - Colors are dim when the issues are occurring
    - Vertical line down the middle of my screen before installing drivers, or permanently there on the BIOS/startup logos
    - Caused input lag in all games as well as slight input lag on the desktop
    - Generally looks choppy and doesn't look like a true 144hz

I'm not sure where I should go from here but if possible I would like to RMA the monitor. An Asus employee told me to 'hard reboot' the monitor so...I'm hoping it doesn't get shrugged off like that. Is there an Asus employee that knows about this issue that can help me out?

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14