Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Thank you everyone for the additional details, pictures and videos, we're already looking into this issue. I'll update everyone as soon as possible once I hear back from our display team.

It's been a while Bahz, any news? These issues are kind of ruining competitive use of this monitor and my return window is coming up..

New ROGer Array

Same Issue

Hello all,

Just checking in as well to see if there has been a resolution to this issue.

Video card: R9 Fury Nitro
    Monitor: MG279Q
    Issue: Transparent/Blurry line down middle of screen when above 60Hz

Ex-employee Array

Unfortunately there are no new updates regarding this yet, our team is still working with related vendors on a solution for this. I'll send another follow up with our display team to see if we're progressing on this issue. With the PG279Q we needed Nvidia's base firmware in order for us to work on our own firmware update so I assume it's the same case here where we need to wait for AMD to provide us with the same.

New ROGer Array

Hello all.

Just got a MG279Q a few days ago and using it with a Sapphire R9 Fury. Got the same blurry line down the middle as others have reported. Hoping there will be a fix for this otherwise its going back as I dont fancy down-grading GPU's.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array gupsterg PC Specs
    gupsterg PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VII Ranger
    Processori5 4690K
    Memory (part number)HyperX Savage 2400MHz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire R9 Fury X (1145/545 Custom ROM)
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2HGST 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermalRight Archon SB-E X2
    CaseSilverstone Temjin 06
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Headset/Speakers HyperX Cloud
    OS Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64

I reckon this monitor has more firmware issues than just the one highlighted in this thread. Link to what I have seen with 3 differing MG279Q.
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

TR 1950X - Custom WC - Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha - G.Skill Trident Z 3400MHz C14 QC - RX VEGA 64
    R5 3600 - Custom WC - Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi - G.Skill Ripjaws V 3800MHz C16 - Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
    Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

New ROGer Array

I picked up an MG279q last week to use with my r9 fury nitro. I too have the same line down the middle of the screen. I thought I could tolerate changing the resolution/refresh rate/turning monitor off and on as a fix, but it's only been a few days and is already driving me crazy. Especially since the issue and temporary fixes seem to occur and work intermittently. Have there been any updates on a solution?

Ex-employee Array

I just wanted to let everyone know that we're looking into this issue so there's definitely something being done internally although we haven't received official word on when a solution will be available. I'll update everyone once there is any confirmed information that I can share.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by tribullet View Post
    I picked up an MG279q last week to use with my r9 fury nitro. I too have the same line down the middle of the screen. I thought I could tolerate changing the resolution/refresh rate/turning monitor off and on as a fix, but it's only been a few days and is already driving me crazy. Especially since the issue and temporary fixes seem to occur and work intermittently. Have there been any updates on a solution?
    What seems to work as workaround for me is: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...the_middle_of/

Seems stupid lowering the refresh rate by 1Hz, but if it works, it can't be that stupid :P.

Ex-employee Array

Can anyone else confirm the solution by lowering the refresh rate by 1 Hz has worked in resolving the issue like mentioned by Sissors?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Can anyone else confirm the solution by lowering the refresh rate by 1 Hz has worked in resolving the issue like mentioned by Sissors?
    I can confirm that the solution seems to have resolved my issue.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast