Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Thank you all for providing the additional information on this issue, our display team is working on a solution currently and I'll contact you individually when the time comes.
    Sounds awesome!
    Any news yet?

New ROGer Array

I fixed the issue using customs refresh rates with CRU. I added 143hz to the list which works perfectly with freesync. No more glitch, no more resolution mismatch in the OSD vs windows (2566 instead of 2560) and no more line in the middle since I've been running at 143hz.

From amd forum :
    mkk 5 oct. 2016 13:47 (en réponse à bol)
    Creating a "custom resolution" with 2560 x 1440 @ 143 Hz seems to have solved the problem in my case. At least I've not seen the artifact for two days (edit: four, considering it working), whereas I used to see it a couple of times a day before. When I did, turning the monitor off and on usually made it go away, if only to sometimes reappear after a game had been running.

I got myself a Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro on sale about a week ago and had that line right in the middle appear on my Asus MG279Q with Freesync mode turned on. First I tried going down to 120 Hz and there's a chance that doing so might have been enough in my case, but the responsiveness is still somewhat better at 144 Hz so I didn't want to give up. By chance I tried the custom resolutions option inside the Radeon Additional Settings panel.

I picked the CVT-Reduced Blanking for the timing standard, for no other reason than having good results with reduced blanking in other situations. If I understand it correctly it basically saves some signal bandwidth and is normally supported by reasonaly modern monitors, and can be quite useful at least when overclocking panels on a DVI connection.

I'm also using the CRU (Custom Resolution Utility) 1.2.6 to tweak the V range from 35 - 90 to 60 - 144, which moves this monitors Freesync range accordingly.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Orkrak View Post
    I fixed the issue using customs refresh rates with CRU. I added 143hz to the list which works perfectly with freesync. No more glitch, no more resolution mismatch in the OSD vs windows (2566 instead of 2560) and no more line in the middle since I've been running at 143hz.

From amd forum :
    Mind sharing your CRU .bin file?
    Thanks!

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by DrPhyll View Post
    Mind sharing your CRU .bin file?
    Thanks!
    There you go, custom cru with freesync upgraded 53-143hz (freesync Vsync tweak) and the static 143hz profile for windows resolution under the advanced tab.

Photo : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9I...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9I...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Orkrak; 01-18-2017 at 10:04 PM.

New ROGer Array

I've been watching this thread for a while hoping to see some kind of fix - whether it is a firmware update or a driver. I honestly can't believe ASUS doesn't seem to be doing anything about it. I've seen a little lip service - that's it. This is a pernicious quality control issue. The MG279Q is the only viable 1440p / 144hz / IPS monitor available. The Fury is the only GPU able to drive it and the line down the middle is an absolute joke. What a waste of time and money. If I wasn't into it already for more than a grand, I would have gone a different direction.

I will continue to monitor this and will continue to hope.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by nhguapo View Post
    I've been watching this thread for a while hoping to see some kind of fix - whether it is a firmware update or a driver. I honestly can't believe ASUS doesn't seem to be doing anything about it. I've seen a little lip service - that's it. This is a pernicious quality control issue. The MG279Q is the only viable 1440p / 144hz / IPS monitor available. The Fury is the only GPU able to drive it and the line down the middle is an absolute joke. What a waste of time and money. If I wasn't into it already for more than a grand, I would have gone a different direction.

I will continue to monitor this and will continue to hope.
    I have to agree. I'm super disappointed in ASUS for this. I'm in the same boat, cost wise as well. 2x Fury's and this monitor is like $1500 alone.

ROG Member Array

I'm feeling 'Trumped' aswell :/

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

To be fair Bahz said they would be doing 'something' in regards to this. I wouldn't get hopes up or expect it quick but they have seemingly accepted it is an issue and are working on some kind of response. ASUS does move slowly but they do move.

Ex-employee Array

I've been pushing for the past few months and our service team has been pushing the supplier to prepare the update tools for all service centers. I will contact each person individually when everything is ready.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    I've been pushing for the past few months and our service team has been pushing the supplier to prepare the update tools for all service centers. I will contact each person individually when everything is ready.
    Thanks for the update!

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast