Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

I submitted my service request almost a week ago with no reply. ASUS claims they take action within 48 hours...

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by jershinator View Post
    I submitted my service request almost a week ago with no reply. ASUS claims they take action within 48 hours...
    Could you send me a PM with your case ID#, RMA#, and product S/N (if available)? Thanks.

ROG Member Array

I just got my MG279Q back from RMA (using it with a Sapphire NITRO R9 Fury). Unfortunately, not only is the line still appearing (tested at 90hz and 144hz), but I have also lost the ability to get Freesync beyond 90hz using CRU. Freesync at 120hz, 143hz (to work around the line), or 144hz now causes massive display glitching when it wasn't before.

I'm really wishing I had stayed on the old firmware now since it was actually working better. Pretty disappointed.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Thanks for your report grum_feast. Pretty surprised to hear this honestly as can't figure why ASUS would go to the trouble and not have it fixed. Also a sad panda because with the hopes of this being fixed I picked up a Fury cheap. Ah well

ROG Member Array

UPDATE:

I've got Freesync working at 143hz again with no glitching. That one was actually 100% my fault. When I was re-entering my settings into CRU I forgot that I had my range limit set to 57-143hz before and *not* 35-143hz. The glitching was happening whenever a game's FPS would drop below 57 as one would expect with a too big Freesync range.

So, to make everything clear, I am still definitely getting the line at 90hz and 144hz with all CRU settings cleared (completely stock settings). Everything else is working as before and 143hz is still acting as a workaround for the line for me.

Basically my monitor is acting exactly the same as before I RMAed it. I'm interested to see if others in this thread have better luck than me.
    Last edited by grum_feast; 03-12-2017 at 07:53 PM.

ROG Member Array

Also, just to help out anyone else in this thread who can't get the line to go away with CRU, I had to set my refresh rate to 142.856hz to fully get rid of it. Setting the mode to exactly 143hz doesn't seem to affect the line. I came to the working number simply by subtracting 1 from the stock setting.
    Last edited by grum_feast; 03-12-2017 at 07:57 PM.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by grum_feast View Post
    Also, just to help out anyone else in this thread who can't get the line to go away with CRU, I had to set my refresh rate to 142.856hz to fully get rid of it. Setting the mode to exactly 143hz doesn't seem to affect the line. I came to the working number simply by subtracting 1 from the stock setting.
    Would it be possible for you PM me with your monitor SN, case ID #, and RMA#?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by grum_feast View Post
    UPDATE:

I've got Freesync working at 143hz again with no glitching. That one was actually 100% my fault. When I was re-entering my settings into CRU I forgot that I had my range limit set to 57-143hz before and *not* 35-143hz. The glitching was happening whenever a game's FPS would drop below 57 as one would expect with a too big Freesync range.

So, to make everything clear, I am still definitely getting the line at 90hz and 144hz with all CRU settings cleared (completely stock settings). Everything else is working as before and 143hz is still acting as a workaround for the line for me.

Basically my monitor is acting exactly the same as before I RMAed it. I'm interested to see if others in this thread have better luck than me.
    Thanks a bunch for being a pioneer and reporting back. I've been wary of shipping mine back to get it updated; I too have had pretty good luck setting my max refresh rate to 142.908 in CRU. It's always a huge pain updating the gpu drivers and having to play around in CRU to get everything working again. Did you have any of the blurry text issues? That still causes me a lot of problems, particularly if I hook up a random laptop or surface to my monitor that I can't use CRU with; I was hoping that'd get resolved too; ditto with the line down the middle. Doesn't sound like sending it back for the update would worth it at this point if it's just to end up status quo.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Well I would thank grum_feast for the report again but I don't think ppl should be convinced they would get the same result. Hence why he wants others to post their results. I would but still waiting for my PM. Still ASUS would not go to the trouble without having made a new or 'fixed' firmware to update the monitors with to deal with the issue. Simply doesn't make business sense. Sometimes results vary for different reasons.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by tribullet View Post
    Thanks a bunch for being a pioneer and reporting back. I've been wary of shipping mine back to get it updated; I too have had pretty good luck setting my max refresh rate to 142.908 in CRU. It's always a huge pain updating the gpu drivers and having to play around in CRU to get everything working again. Did you have any of the blurry text issues? That still causes me a lot of problems, particularly if I hook up a random laptop or surface to my monitor that I can't use CRU with; I was hoping that'd get resolved too; ditto with the line down the middle. Doesn't sound like sending it back for the update would worth it at this point if it's just to end up status quo.
    Tribullet, I haven't personally noticed any blurry text issues on my end. I'll try stock settings again when I get the chance and see if that makes text look any different.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast