cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage v extreme bd error

NuMetal93
Level 7
My pc had been working fine up to today when it suddenly BSODed every time I tried to boot, after clearing cmos and entering my preferred settings it would not boot at all . It displays the error bd on the post indicator.
my system boots with optimized defaults but it goes though at least 4 boot cycles until it boots. each time it fails it sits on bd for a bit. After looking up the issue it seems to be to little cpu agent voltage. I tried to increse it up to 1.07 volts but it use to run find on the auto setting of.0883 volts.
Im not sure whats wrong with my system, anytime i use anything other then then the optimized defaults it wont boot and when it does boot it takes at least 4 minutes.
Im worried my cpu is going bad, I have no idea what to try. Any help would be much appreciated.

My system specs are:
Asus rampage v extreme:
Intel i7 6850k
three gtx 980 sli
32 gb corsair ddr4 2800 mhz ram
samsung 950 pro 500 gb
custom water cooled.
24 REPLIES 24

NuMetal93
Level 7
I decided to check out ark intel on my cpu and its says teh supported memory types are DDR4 2400/2133?
This makes no scene to me?! i was running my cpu on 3000 Mhz for months and now it messes up. It says the same thing for my old cpu ( 5930k)too and i never ran my ram blow 2800 mhz?!

NuMetal93
Level 7
Running my ram at anything above 2400 mhz causes the bd error. Im very iffy about adding volts to my cpu agent manager.

Nate152
Hi NuMetal,

You can try the cpu system agent voltage up to 1.25v, you may also need to raise the cpu vccio voltage.

It's hard to say what happened if it was fine before, you could try updating/reflashing the bios.

NuMetal93
Level 7
I have flashed my bios to the latest, 3301 i think(it was the newest on the list according to asus). Whats weird is it was working fine up until today whit my ram at 3000 mhz. Is it possible that my cpu board or ram is going bad

Nate152
I doubt your hardware is going bad.

The easiest thing to try is raising the voltages I mentioned and see if that gets your pc stable.

Try cpu vccio voltage 1.15v - 1.20v
Try cpu system agent voltage 1.15v - 1.20v

These voltages are fine and safe.

If it boots you can lower the voltages until it becomes unstable then raise them back up a notch to where it's stable.

NuMetal93
Level 7
okey, ill give it a shot. thanks for the advice ill update you when i can.

Nate152

NuMetal93
Level 7
changing the voltages did not work

Nate152
OK thank you

Have you made any changes or added any new hardware?

The next easy thing to try would be reflashing the bios.