cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75vx : A42-G75 Battery internal Cells replacement

mtahoon
Level 7
I'm planning to replace the battery cells instead if getting new Battery for my G75vx Laptop.
i have two options, to install the one used in the OEM battery; Samsung ICR18650-26F which offers 2600mah for each cell
or a more powerful one like it;s Samsung sister 30 offering 3000mah or even the most powerful Panasonic NCR18650B with 3400mah and same voltage for both.
i'm worried about Batter Management system [BMS] will be too weak to handle higher capacity batteries.

Are there any mean i can verify whether BMS can handle stronger CELLS or i should stick to the original OEM.
1 REPLY 1

JustinThyme
Level 13
The charging system regulates how fast the batteries charge by adjusting the voltage. Should not matter which cells you put in as you dont even have all the parts of the equation that dictates charge and discharge rate. One key thing is missing, the C ratings.
Both the Samsung and Panasonic have a 2C rating so the max of the two would charge and discharge at a maximum of 6.7 amps. Check your specs on the OEM and brick to see if thats out of line, my bet is its not. I would be more worried about having exemplary soldering skills as there are a ton of wires with one for every cell as they are individually charged (balanced)

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein