cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - Framrate loss with use of certain apps since last two Nvidia Driver Updates

Maverick_V6
Level 7
Hello,

First I would like to thank anyone that spends time to help solve this problem. I am not sure if this is a duplicate topic and or if a solution has been discovered already (if so please forward link to appropriate forum post).

I own a Nvidia 1080 and I am running the most recent updates of both Windows 10 and Nvidia Drivers (372.90). I have noticed since the last 2 driver updates from Nvidia that if I choose to have music playing using Microsoft Groove or even play a movie with the Microsoft Movies and TV app that my framerate drops in half and the game stutters. However, if I were to close any of those two applications the game will work as expected without the need of closing and restarting the game client. Of note the framerate drop only is occurring with those two mentioned applications (that I am aware of). All other apps whether from Microsoft or 3rd party developers work just fine while playing any game. With the apps mentioned above the framerate drops simply with the app being open, music or movie does not need to be playing to cause framerate loss, nor is framerate improved with minimizing the application. As I like to listen to music with the Groove client on occasion while playing games I find it rather annoying that since the last two updates I have been unable to listen as I have done so in the past.

Has anyone else experience this issues; or anyone that is savvy enough know a remedy for this problem?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

protos
Level 7
have you tried going back a couple of revisions to see if you get the same problems?

protos wrote:
have you tried going back a couple of revisions to see if you get the same problems?

Confirmed!
I tested the new 372 firmware and I was getting 144/147 fps, I rolled back to 368.25 driver from nvidia and the fps increased to 155-158. Sticking with the 368.25 driver on my GTX 1080

protos wrote:
Confirmed!
I tested the new 372 firmware and I was getting 144/147 fps, I rolled back to 368.25 driver from nvidia and the fps increased to 155-158. Sticking with the 368.25 driver on my GTX 1080

I personally have seen my game frame rates drop in half when those two apps are open. Still not sure what could be causing this within the Driver data. I will consider reverting to an older driver as mentioned above. Anyone else notice this issue ?