cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading RAM GL702VM

Ardox
Level 7
So I just ordered a GL702VM from a danish reseller and the only model they had was a 8GB of RAM model which I would like to upgrade to 16 gigs. I called ASUS and the reseller and they can't tell me which specific ram module the laptop has, and as this is the first time upgrading a laptop (I got experience building desktops) I am a bit uncertain which ram module to buy. Can anyone help me on this matter? I won't be receiving the laptop before next week and would like to have the RAM arrive at the same time as the laptop to quickly upgrade it. There is very few reviews on this specific model and I can't seem to find a proper one showing the internals. This is the link to the model I bought: https://www.power.dk/pc-og-tilbehor/barbare-computere/barbar-pc/asus-rog-strix-gl702vm-gc004t-173/p-...
1 REPLY 1

jkapernicus
Level 7
I'd just buy a 16GB kit of DDR4 SDRAM @ 2133 Mhz. You can go up to 32GB total. Newegg's got a good price on the G.Skill kit. Just bought a 702VM last week and I'm thinking about getting it.

Note about removing the bottom compartment. I began prying it open from the hinge. I had to use medium force to get the first latch to pop, but after that it went fine. I threw a Samsung 950 Pro in there. This thing is blazing.