cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heads up: Where to purchase an authentic Asus battery for the G751-JT

Sinfullysweet
Level 7
Good afternoon!

After reading through these forums for days regarding the battery problem (dead cells, not charging, etc), I attempted to purchase a battery through Amazon.com. Unfortunately, I learned very quickly that "offbrand" products do not work nicely with Asus. I ended up returning that battery (getting a full refund). I spoke with an official at Asus asking why do they not sell the batteries online for replacement. More or less its because since the the laptops are not really consumer friendly to work with they would rather have you send it in and allow them to work on it.

After getting a price quote of $691 for service and labor alone (not including the battery), I realized I couldn't afford that route at all. There was something great that came out of the situation. I found a Asus Product Supplier online that sold authentic Asus Parts. It is located in Sweden, but I was ok after doing research regarding the company.

Two days ago my battery came in and it was in fact a authentic Asus product. After installing the correct battery, I have had no further problems and my G751-JT works like brand new again. I highly recommend once installing, charge the battery fully, then discharge the battery fully before letting it charge again.

Here is the place I ordered from along with the part number and cost (in USD):

Company:
Asus Parts

Address:
Zand Group AB
Teknikringen 6
583 30 Linköping
Sweden
VAT: SE 556699-7010

Phone:
+46 (0)13 - 31 60 34 (08:00-12:00, 13:00-16:00)

Email:
info@zandparts.com

Accepts:
Paypal, Klarna, Mastercard and Visa

Part Page:
http://www.asusparts.eu/en/Asus-0B110-00340000

Part #:
0B110-00340000

Fits:
Asus Notebook G Series G751JT
Asus Notebook G Series G751JY

Cost:
$85.30

Freight:
$18.00 (via FedEx, which WILL require a signature)

Total spent:

$103.30

Bottom line, well worth it to get my gaming laptop back running. So just trying to help put this information out there for those looking for genuine parts.
Old dogs can still learn new tricks!
18 REPLIES 18

Tony2362
Level 7
Thank you for this post. I was wondering if anyone knows another place like this to get an authentic battery replacement for G751JT in the US. And also on the site that was listed there seems to be 2 batteries for sale. Partnumber: 0B110-00340000 is the one listed by Sinfullysweet but there is also Partnumber: 0B110-00290000 does anyone know the difference?. Also if Sinfullysweet see's this I was just wondering if you remember about how long the shipping time was coming from Sweden. Thank you for any help or info. One more question. Has anyone had any luck with ebay on these? I'm very leary about buying something like a battery from there. But if anyone knows a well known reputable seller let me know.

Here is the website link for the 2 batteries http://www.asusparts.eu/en/partfinder/Asus/Notebook/G%20Series/G751JT#Battery

Apparently I'm the only one that has a dead battery and won't pay almost $700 and also won't let them steal my upgraded parts to get a replacement. So I'm most likely going to try ripping apart the battery pack and try replacing the cells with sony vtc6's or something.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Tony2362 wrote:
Apparently I'm the only one that has a dead battery and won't pay almost $700 and also won't let them steal my upgraded parts to get a replacement. So I'm most likely going to try ripping apart the battery pack and try replacing the cells with sony vtc6's or something.

Actually, if you're in the U.S. and haven't contacted ASUS support recently to get a quote, you may want to do this just to confirm the cost again.
Not sure if there has been any change, but thought there may have been some discussion internally about it, and might be worth looking into if it's not too much trouble.
If you decide to send it to ASUS repair for out-of-warranty service though, you still need to arrange the shipping for the notebook to our office and wait for the notebook to be fixed, so a couple more things to consider once you get the out-of-warranty battery replacement quote.
You probably want to remove your upgrade parts too just to be safe, so this may still not be a very good option for you.

Anyway, hope this works out for you however you solve it and hopefully we can get some better suggestions from others.

Yeah I already contacted ASUS and they estimated $690 and made it sound like they would not return my upgraded parts basicly stealing them and I doubt I would even get my laptop back they probobly just send out a refurbished laptop thats not even mine lol. Thats why I came here theres no way I would ever send my laptop to them anymore when I can do it myself. Not worth getting scammed and screwed over.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Sorry to hear that and thanks for the update. Also, was wondering about your title and removed it for you if this sounds okay 🙂 .

cl-Albert wrote:
Sorry to hear that and thanks for the update. Also, was wondering about your title and removed it for you if this sounds okay 🙂 .

Thanks.

Chris345
Level 7
This place has batteries for our G751(JT).

https://www.zandparts.com/en/Zand%20Parts-ZPCS-AUG751NB

strobe
Level 7

Executioner55
Level 7
Has anyone tested this battery from NewEgg? I just finished putting one in that I bought from Amazon. The instructions state to let it discharge to 2% before plugging in the charger. When I powered on the laptop, it was at 75% or so charged. I played a demo loop of Far Cry for about 10 minutes, quit, and went to the desktop to check the battery status. It was at 60%. I opened up a web browser and the battery goes to 7% immediately. So I plugged in the charger and let it change to 100%. Light is green. This has me worried that the battery may be a POS. I'm going to let it go down and see if it does the same thing - going from 60% to 7% in a matter of seconds.