Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Member Array

I'm sending the battery back that I bought from Amazon and I ordered the one from NewEgg to check out. I'll report back when I have it installed. I expect to have the utility "BatteryInfo" give me a 100% capacity instead of only 75% with the Amazon battery. https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/batter...tion_view.html

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Ive gotten more than one part from https://www.asusparts.eu/. All OEM. Alot of aftermarket stuff out there too but watch the mAH on the battery. My G752VY that I just replaced it 90WH where the after markets are often a lot less at 66WH.
    Laptop battery express also carries OEM and aftermarket.

ROG Member Array

Also found this site: https://www.ifixit.com/Store/PC-Lapt.../IF335-075?o=2
    If the Newegg battery is crap, then I'll try this one.

ROG Member Array

I got the new battery installed so the one from NewEgg does work great. Took almost 2 weeks to get it, and It's reporting:
    Full Charge Capacity - 78,000mWh
    Battery Health - 100%
    Battery Name - GT51-60
    MFG - AsusTek
    So I'm sending the other one back to Amazon for a refund.

ROG Member Array

After almost a month of having it installed, it still reads 100% charge after sitting for 3 weeks turned off. So this is a good battery replacement.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfullysweet View Post
    Good afternoon!

After reading through these forums for days regarding the battery problem (dead cells, not charging, etc), I attempted to purchase a battery through Amazon.com. Unfortunately, I learned very quickly that "offbrand" products do not work nicely with Asus. I ended up returning that battery (getting a full refund). I spoke with an official at Asus asking why do they not sell the batteries online for replacement. More or less its because since the the laptops are not really consumer friendly to work with they would rather have you send it in and allow them to work on it.

After getting a price quote of $691 for service and labor alone (not including the battery), I realized I couldn't afford that route at all. There was something great that came out of the situation. I found a Asus Product Supplier online that sold authentic Asus Parts. It is located in Sweden, but I was ok after doing research regarding the company.

Two days ago my battery came in and it was in fact a authentic Asus product. After installing the correct battery, I have had no further problems and my G751-JT works like brand new again. I highly recommend once installing, charge the battery fully, then discharge the battery fully before letting it charge again.

Here is the place I ordered from along with the part number and cost (in USD):

Bottom line, well worth it to get my gaming laptop back running. So just trying to help put this information out there for those looking for genuine parts.

This is where Ive bought my parts from and they have never disappointed, including the battery I just replaced in my G752VY. Went right back to OEM specs on wh and holds a chage and discharges as new.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by BigJohnny View Post
    This is where Ive bought my parts from and they have never disappointed, including the battery I just replaced in my G752VY. Went right back to OEM specs on wh and holds a chage and discharges as new.
    I've been checking their site frequently for a while but the battery replacement for G751JT is out of stock. I am based in the UAE so Newegg is also out of the question. One of the options I have is

https://www.amazon.ae/Laptop-Replace...dp/B09DD2BK3G/

which is not all that great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2