cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The 27" 4K/144Hz Panel Displayed in June

jasonvp
Level 7
Are we allowed to discuss this panel, since it's officially still vaporware? I guess I only have 1 question and it isn't: When will it be available, nor: What will it cost? No, the question is:

WTF is it only 27"!? It seems to be a waste to do 4K on a 27" panel. Really Asus, let's push that to a 32" or something similarly sized. Yeah, it'll cost a bunch, but those of us who want it will buy it.

Am I alone WRT this opinion?
System specs: click here.
5 REPLIES 5

Crashcourse316
Level 9
There's like 6 billion people on earth..so probably not. 27" monitor at a couple feet away is pretty big. My opinion is that 32" for a monitor at a normal monitor distance is too big. If you extend the distance to like 4 feet maybe it will be better. I haven't used anything bigger than 27" for a computer monitor
I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v
MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 OC core:2055Mhz Mem:5504Mhz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like what I post, hit that Rep button.
If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.

I use a 32" 4K display at work, all day, every day. It's a super accurate Adobe RGB monitor for doing color correction on 4K video footage. Before that I was on old school 30" Cinema Displays.
32" is the perfect size in my opinion. My 27 gaming monitor at home seems rather small in comparison.
I'd love to see a 32" 4K display at 144 and when a gen of gpu's come out that can drive games at that res / frame rate on ultra settings, I'd buy one if it existed.

That said, SO happy with my PG279Q and GFX1080 setup right now.

Wheezy wrote:

That said, SO happy with my PG279Q and GFX1080 setup right now.

I second that.
I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v

If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.

Wheezy wrote:
I'd love to see a 32" 4K display at 144 and when a gen of gpu's come out that can drive games at that res / frame rate on ultra settings, I'd buy one if it existed.

I have little doubt your 1080 could push 4K/120Hz with AA and ambient occlusion disabled; neither of those really do much other than kill frame rates at higher resolutions anyway. Either way, I'm ready now. The Titan X(P) cards I have in SLI will likely make mince meat out of 4K/120Hz with little hesitation. I just need the panel to go along with it and I'd rather it be larger than 27".
System specs: click here.

Crashcourse316
Level 9
why buy 4k if your just looking to run a AA game with some settings turned off? lol 😉 all hail the master race! Go with 2x Titans and a 4k 165hz and watch the world burn.
I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v