cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RoG G752VY Upgrading

Twrig106
Level 7
Hi, i have recently bought myself a G752VY, and am wondering what "Upgrades" are possible. As in, EXACTLY what is possible. When i sent an email to the Asus team (Not RoG, Asus), they said i can install 2x SSD's and 4x Ram cards. Well; thats no help whatsoever, i told them that in my email, but asked the specifics. Nope.

So, ive got 2 empty SSD slots in my pc, so what can i install there? I was looking at the Samsing 950 Pro SSD (512gb). Whats everyones recommendations and advice for 2x ssd's (Preferably 512gb ea)?

Looking inside my pc, the 2 "Extra ram slots" that are supposed to be empty, already have 2x cards in them, so im already hooked up with 4x 8gb ram. Am i able to replace all 4 for 16gb? What speeds and whatnot do i need for it to work?

If there are any other recommended upgrades that yas have, please let me know 🙂

Thanks in advance
1 REPLY 1

rog_au
Level 7
Hi,

We believe the G752VY will have one 2.5" SATA drive slot so you can install any 2.5" SSD or HDD there that will fit. It will also have two M.2 SSD slots for M.2 SSDs. The Samsung 950 or 960 pro are both good options. As for memory, there are 4 slots and the laptop support up to 64GB of memory, you will need to look at SODIMM DDR4 2133MHz frequency or higher. 2133MHz is standard for DDR4. If you need more info let us know. All the best - ASUS ROG Australia