CPU CoolerEK RVE Monoblock
    CaseCorsair 900D
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200
    Keyboard Logitech K800
    Mouse ROG Spatha
    Headset/Speakers Bose Companion 5
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterROG Rapture GT-AC5300

Unhappy How is it that it is 2016.......

And NVidia STILL don't have proper save graphics profiles, and you have the manually switch from extended desktop to NVSurround/SLI???

I know ultra wide gaming is fairly niche (obvious from the terrible support on new games) but I can't help but thing that life was so much easier on my old setup of 2x HD7970 cards vs my current setup of 3x GTX 980.

I know I'm not the only one frustrated at this... but what is the consensus for triple screen gaming these days, go AMD?

I'm not trying to start an AMD/NVidia flame war I've had both... (I did in about '96 vow to never buy another Nvidia product again after so many driver issues on a Gateway pc.. but that was many moons ago.. and obviously.. I have!)

/whinge
    Gotterdammerung: Rampage V Extreme | Intel I7-5930K | 32GB Corsair Dominator 2666 | EVGA GTX 980 SC x3
    Kingston HyperX Predator 480GB | Corsair Neutron XT 960GB | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair 900D | EK RVE Monoblock | EK 980 GTX Blocks

GOOSE: STRIX Z390I Gaming | Intel i9-9900KF | 32GB Vengeance RGB 3200 | STRIX Vega 64 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB x2
    Corsair SF 750 | Phanteks Evolv Shift X | EK Z390I Monoblock | EK Strix Vega 64 GPU Block

Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus IX Code
    Processori7-7700k 5.2GHz Delidded
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Trident Z 4025MHz 17-17-17-39-2T
    Graphics Card #1Titan Xp - EKFC waterblock
    Graphics Card #2Titan Xp
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX 2015
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Toshiba OCZ VX500 256GB
    CPU CoolerSwiftech Apogee GTZ
    CaseThermaltake Armor+ VH6000
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1600w Titanium
    Keyboard Cyberpower Skorpion K2
    Mouse Razer Basilisk
    Headset Sennheiser HD6XX / Modmic 5
    OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Accessory #1 Asus optical drive
    Accessory #2 Koolance ERM-2K3U

Hi 28BeersLater

Nice rig !

I drank more than 28 beers in a day once in my life and I felt like crap the next day, I've since then quit drinking.

I don't know if I can help you with what you're commenting on but I used to run 3 way sli on a single monitor. Wouldn't connecting a gpu to each monitor give you better performance rather than using sli?

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array sectionate PC Specs
    sectionate PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair V Formula
    Processor8350 - 1090T
    Memory (part number)G Skill Sniper F3-14900CL9-4GBSR
    Graphics Card #1Asus GTX660-DC2O-2GD5
    MonitorAcer GD235HZ - ViewSonic VX2439wm - SyncMaster P2350
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i
    CaseHAF 932
    Power SupplyCorsair Professional HX850
    Mouse Zowie EC1 eVo
    OS Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by 28BeersLater View Post
    And NVidia STILL don't have proper save graphics profiles, and you have the manually switch from extended desktop to NVSurround/SLI???

I know ultra wide gaming is fairly niche (obvious from the terrible support on new games) but I can't help but thing that life was so much easier on my old setup of 2x HD7970 cards vs my current setup of 3x GTX 980.

I know I'm not the only one frustrated at this... but what is the consensus for triple screen gaming these days, go AMD?

I'm not trying to start an AMD/NVidia flame war I've had both... (I did in about '96 vow to never buy another Nvidia product again after so many driver issues on a Gateway pc.. but that was many moons ago.. and obviously.. I have!)

/whinge
    Must console port games are not optimized for multi setup.Have you tried using NVIDIA Inspector? Amd always ruled multi monitor support,surprised it took nvidia so long for WSG. An XFX rx480 card features 6 displayports if your
    looking to switch. If your having issues running multi monitors on your nvid, try this place -

wide·screen gam·ing fo·rum (wsgf):
    [-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
    Crosshair IV 1090T 4093.7 - Crosshair V FX - 8350 Batch # 1243PGT 4.422MHz - 4816.08 MHz 1.5v - GSKILL F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR(x2)1087.6 11-12-10 1.5volts - ViewSonic VX2439wm - Acer GD235HZ - SyncMaster P2350 - PowerColor Red Devil RX 480 8GBD5-3DH/OC - Current Mode: 5760 x 1080 - (retired) ASUS GTX660DC2O2GD5 - Nvidia 3D Vision Wired - HAF 932 - Corsair HX850 - Corsair H100i - latest quakelive.com - Day thirteen 60fps - as always I'm powered by Futurelooks.com

ROG Guru: White Belt Array 28BeersLater PC Specs
    28BeersLater PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme
    Processori7-5930K
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix Vega 64
    Sound CardBose External USB
    MonitorLG IPS235 x3
    Storage #1Kingston HyperX Predator 480GB
    Storage #2Corsair Neutron XT Series 960GB
    CPU CoolerEK RVE Monoblock
    CaseCorsair 900D
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200
    Keyboard Logitech K800
    Mouse ROG Spatha
    Headset/Speakers Bose Companion 5
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterROG Rapture GT-AC5300

Nate152, Yup the option in the driver is "Span displays with surround" performance wise it is ok, it appears to use SLI by default.

My gripe is more that to flick between extended desktop (I work on this rig too) and NV surround you need to open the control panel, change the settings, close any open applications (including built in windows 10 ones like weather, films and TV etc), set the bezel compensation, activate surround, choose the bezel corrected res and close the control panel.

To go back you need to open the control panel, select "activate all displays" then re select the display order as it always switches the middle one to the far right.

With AMD you did a keycut from anywhere (CTRL+LShift+1,2,3 etc) and it just did it for you (Once initially configured).

It just seems like a huge ball ache, and I can't believe its still so bad when using NVidia... hence my little rant

(Don't get me wrong Some of the Nvidia differences are a nice.. easily availably solid SLI bridges, from experience they run cooler, consume less power, more flexibility with monitor connecting etc mine also look levely with the full cover EK water blocks and back plates.)

sectionate, yes that's my point... most new games are aimed at consoles and have terrible support, I guess it's such a niche thing, the Nvidia team also don't have improving the interface as a priority. WSGF is pretty much a must in most cases, but it's frustrating when you have to chop about ini files and run other programs to get things to work.. - which often cause issues with the next update.

I've not played with NVIDIA Inspector, it doesn't look like it does what I want,. but looks like a good tool anyway, thanks.