90 REPLIES 90

Artureld
Level 7
Nice, lol. Did it say anything other then "improved system compatibility" 😛

PipJones
Level 8
TeddyRaspin wrote:
Here we go :

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA2011/Rampage_V_Extreme/RAMPAGE-V-EXTREME-ASUS-3402.zip

😄

Oh goody, this one "Improve system stability".

Think I'll wait for Qwinn to do his stuff before I jump on this.

Bah..
Which is the best way to let them know big problem with Broadwell EP CPU? I have tested also with FW3301

In stress test cpu reaches immediately tj stop temperature and TDP boost over his limit of 150 w

Is it possible?

See strange frequency in bios in first 2 picture attached

fabiosun wrote:
Bah..
Which is the best way to let them know big problem with Broadwell EP CPU? I have tested also with FW3301

In stress test cpu reaches immediately tj stop temperature and TDP boost over his limit of 150 w

Is it possible?

It may be best to approach bios updates with caution or flash older ones.
Will the forum bugs get fixed?

qwertz wrote:
It may be best to approach bios updates with caution or flash older ones.

I know, also I know that may do not have a 2696 V4 to test.. but this problem is there with their optimised parameters so someone is not doing a good check

I don't want to mention that if i had a 22 cores cpu I would like to have in bios all cpu reachable and not only 18...from 0 to 17
Maybe Asus has some problem to solve or They have to say more clearly that xeon cpu is better to use with "pro" motherboard..sorry also Asus WS E Mb has the same problem...

fabiosun wrote:
Bah..

Is it possible?

Thanks for the idea of using this program did not know about it. I did install it and noted that at various times the CPU initially clocked at 4 ghz @ 1.34 will boost well over the setting last time I tested the cpu was boosted over 5 ghz with no crash, (however I did not keep the file). So I tested quickly again and noted instances of boosting to 4.6 @ 1.6 plus volts (have the file), no crash other times no record but cpu crashes.

Did you find out if this is a CPU or Motherboard issue? and will this eventually damage the CPU if it is a board issue?

Thanks for any feed back.

Strikez wrote:
Thanks for the idea of using this program did not know about it. I did install it and noted that at various times the CPU initially clocked at 4 ghz @ 1.34 will boost well over the setting last time I tested the cpu was boosted over 5 ghz with no crash, (however I did not keep the file). So I tested quickly again and noted instances of boosting to 4.6 @ 1.6 plus volts (have the file), no crash other times no record but cpu crashes.

Did you find out if this is a CPU or Motherboard issue? and will this eventually damage the CPU if it is a board issue?

Thanks for any feed back.

Update for my problem. Installed new video card (EVGA 1080TI) crashing issue gone and power spikes have no idea how and why my video card would cause my cpu to do that all I know is my system is running now without crashing when gaming. Didn't need to change out the power supply.

Strikez wrote:
Update for my problem. Installed new video card (EVGA 1080TI) crashing issue gone and power spikes have no idea how and why my video card would cause my cpu to do that all I know is my system is running now without crashing when gaming. Didn't need to change out the power supply.

Hey man....I think I have the same problem as you...I have the Asus Rampage V Extreme Mobo and 2 X 1080s SLI... Ever since I put them in I would get random shut offs when doing intense video stuff. Whether playing games or video editing. I haven't updated my mobo since July...Would updating my bios fix the problem for me as well? I am always so afraid to update the motherboard.

MisterShan wrote:
Hey man....I think I have the same problem as you...I have the Asus Rampage V Extreme Mobo and 2 X 1080s SLI... Ever since I put them in I would get random shut offs when doing intense video stuff. Whether playing games or video editing. I haven't updated my mobo since July...Would updating my bios fix the problem for me as well? I am always so afraid to update the motherboard.

Sorry to hear you having issues with a set of top of the line cards.

As I mentioned my GTX 690 had one bad gpu on it causing the issue I figured that out by disabling one at time and my issued disappeared when GPU 1 was disabled so; Bought a new 1080 Ti (awesome card) because I did not like having just a 680 card left as the GTX 690 is made of (2) 680 chips.

What I would do before updating bios would be to try each 1080 card individually and see what one cause you the issue if it is a video card hardware issue, as I cannot see both cards being bad. If both cards test good individually I would then install both again and try a different sli connector as the current one may be faulty.

lso make sure you plugged in the molex power connector on the side of the board near the last pci e slot. That's all I can recommend to you at this time.

Good luck