Storage #2Samsung 840 Evo Series
    CPU CoolerCorsair Cooling Hydro Series H110 High Performance
    Power SupplyCorsair HX 1000 watts
    Keyboard Steelseries
    Mouse Cougar 700M
    OS Windows 10 64bit
    Network RouterRT-AC68U

Quote Originally Posted by MisterShan View Post
    Hey man....I think I have the same problem as you...I have the Asus Rampage V Extreme Mobo and 2 X 1080s SLI... Ever since I put them in I would get random shut offs when doing intense video stuff. Whether playing games or video editing. I haven't updated my mobo since July...Would updating my bios fix the problem for me as well? I am always so afraid to update the motherboard.
    Sorry to hear you having issues with a set of top of the line cards.

As I mentioned my GTX 690 had one bad gpu on it causing the issue I figured that out by disabling one at time and my issued disappeared when GPU 1 was disabled so; Bought a new 1080 Ti (awesome card) because I did not like having just a 680 card left as the GTX 690 is made of (2) 680 chips.

What I would do before updating bios would be to try each 1080 card individually and see what one cause you the issue if it is a video card hardware issue, as I cannot see both cards being bad. If both cards test good individually I would then install both again and try a different sli connector as the current one may be faulty.

lso make sure you plugged in the molex power connector on the side of the board near the last pci e slot. That's all I can recommend to you at this time.

Good luck

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10