cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Anniversary update (64 bit, Pro edition) on G751JL startup problem

nemerdekel
Level 7
After a reboot, the above mentioned OS does not launch the programs on the startup list. I included a screenshot with the problem. I even tried to reinstall the whole OS, same problem. Any one else with this ?
The ones marked with "Not Measured" are the ones that are supposed to start but they do not.
Laptop: G751JL
Processor: i7-4750HQ
Graphics Card: GTX 965M
Memory: 8 GB Samsung (stock)
Storage #1: Samsung 850 EVO 250gb
Storage #2: 1 TB 7200 rpm (stock)
15 REPLIES 15

Buggsy
Level 7
Do you have User Account Control turned on?

Buggsy wrote:
Do you have User Account Control turned on?

I have it exactly like you have on the picture:

Ok, good. When you say you did a reinstall, did you do a clean install, an in-place reinstall, or using Windows 10 feature to reset the PC?

It's hard to think that this would persist through a clean install. I get the sense that it's possibly a permissions issue. Take one app like Himachi and examine the folder's permissions. System, for example, should have full control. Maybe for fun, add "everyone" to the list and give it full control.

Buggsy wrote:
Ok, good. When you say you did a reinstall, did you do a clean install, an in-place reinstall, or using Windows 10 feature to reset the PC?

It's hard to think that this would persist through a clean install. I get the sense that it's possibly a permissions issue. Take one app like Himachi and examine the folder's permissions. System, for example, should have full control. Maybe for fun, add "everyone" to the list and give it full control.

It was an in-Windows 'clean install'. I did not want to bother to do a full format and a clean install, but it seems like it's my only resort. Will come back with feedback tomorrow.

nemerdekel wrote:
It was an in-Windows 'clean install'. I did not want to bother to do a full format and a clean install, but it seems like it's my only resort. Will come back with feedback tomorrow.

Sorry, I have Windows 10 on a lot of PCs, but it's not old enough that I've had to format and start over yet. I like the idea of that option though, but clearly it's not as good as like on a smartphone.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Please help me to understand your problem.
Your screenshot shows nothing out of the ordinary.
For disabled items it shows none and for other is says not measured as in it didn't measure any system impact when that item loaded. I'm sitting here looking at mine and what is enabled says not measured but every process that is enabled is in fact running.

Here is Ccleaner highlighted and shown running with the exact same thing you are showing. Its working 100% I do believe you are chasing a ghost!

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

First Image shows how it's supposed to work (it only strats them when I do a shut down istead of a restart, and sometimes shutting down also has the problem, but not too often) 2nd image shows how it actually happens, the programs sometimes show an impact sometimes they just say not measured but in none of the situations they actually start up. I even tried to give it some time a few minutes or a few hours does not matter.

nemerdekel wrote:
First Image shows how it's supposed to work (it only strats them when I do a shut down istead of a restart, and sometimes shutting down also has the problem, but not too often) 2nd image shows how it actually happens, the programs sometimes show an impact sometimes they just say not measured but in none of the situations they actually start up. I even tried to give it some time a few minutes or a few hours does not matter.

Hey, Try this.

Hold windows button and press R

Type msconfig

On the general tab (The first tab), Select normal and reboot.

If that doesn't work, do the same thing but select selective start and check all the boxes and reboot.