cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremly frustrated over the AI Suite 3 Access Violation in module dip4.dll

buster84
Level 7
I have been dealing with this for two days now and its very frustrating. I have brand new rig, all new parts and an asus strix board. I have a fresh install of windows 10 and i have uninstalled and re-installed the AI suite 3 and reinstalled it 3 times and no matter what i do when i try and run the auto 5 way optimization overclock all that happens is the computer resets and before the sofware loads the error pops up, then it pops up when i hit stop and try to close it. I then have to use task manager to actually close it.

I bought the Asus board because it looked great and had this software and its really frustrating to not even be able to use it. Is there an incompatibility with windows 10? Or maybe the asus strix Verizon is corrupt? Anyone else have this problem? I'm trying to overclock a 6800k.
16 REPLIES 16

Legolas
Level 9
Did you try installing the latest AI Suite 3 and run as Administrator?
Sincerely,
Legolas

I removed AI suite from my system as I could not even get the fan controller to work, I would not trust it with the other options. Try to do everything in Bios it works great and has many options.

Good luck
I go back to the 8088 days.... Asus MB's, P5N32-E SLI Q6600, Rampage Formula X48 still running @ 3.5, Maximus VIII Hero Alpha.

Legolas wrote:
Did you try installing the latest AI Suite 3 and run as Administrator?
I always install as administrator. The problem is when the automatic process resets the computer and when it trys to start the overclocking process that error pops up. Ive tried everything shot of reformating my pc which makes no sence since its only been running a fresh copy of windows 10 for 1 day and its fully up to date with all updates.

We Gone wrote:
I removed AI suite from my system as I could not even get the fan controller to work, I would not trust it with the other options. Try to do everything in Bios it works great and has many options.

Good luck

Honestly, i kinda feel a bit ripped off. I mean im already an asus fan (have 2 zenbooks) but i bought there board specifically for the software option. Had i known it wouldn't have ever worked i wouldn't have bought it and since its non-returnable outside of being damaged to newegg i'm stuck with it. Overall im happy with the board, i'm just unhappy that the bundled software that was included with the board is worthless for auto overclocking.

I ended up just using the bios like you did, took longer but After 5 hours of consistent testing i found a good overclock that works great for me. I got ended up at 4.3ghz on all cores at 1.25v. I tested the limits and got 4.4ghz at 1.401v and 4.5ghz at 1.425v. I could have pushed it higher but didn't bother since 4.3 is perfect for my use.

I was able to get the fan controler part of the software to work. I set all my fan ports to DC since im using 3pin fans and the software did well. I then let my Corsair software control my watter cooler (H115i) and i have the fans set to move up and down based on the water temperature and its been working great.

Glad to hear you got it fixed manually, even if you shouldn't have to.

Did you try different versions of AI 3? What version did you use?
The fault is often found in the software code, but if no one else has this problem it is unlikely.
Maybe something went wrong in the registry and there is some bad string left behind. If it is wrong it could explain why a re-install wouldn't help. Only a cleanup of the registry or re-install would fix that. =/
In worst case it could be bad memory, but if you're not having any problems otherwise, unlikely. I would run a memtest, just for ease of mind and then try to resit the memory.

"If you have been getting the access violation at address error, it means that the software on your system tried to access a protected memory address. The memory address which is protected should not be accessed by the program you are trying to run, except for the program that is currently using it. So for example, if the memory piece is called “delta” and the program with access to it is called “alpha”; only alpha could access the delta memory address. The access violation at address error will be followed by a series of letters and numbers."

and

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askperf/2008/06/03/access-violation-how-dare-you/

-Mikael

Sems there's others having the same issue and that it is being worked on:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?86216-Problem-with-AI-Suite-3-after-fresh-install-(Maximus...

gustmi4 wrote:
Glad to hear you got it fixed manually, even if you shouldn't have to.

Did you try different versions of AI 3? What version did you use?
The fault is often found in the software code, but if no one else has this problem it is unlikely.
Maybe something went wrong in the registry and there is some bad string left behind. If it is wrong it could explain why a re-install wouldn't help. Only a cleanup of the registry or re-install would fix that. =/
In worst case it could be bad memory, but if you're not having any problems otherwise, unlikely. I would run a memtest, just for ease of mind and then try to resit the memory.

"If you have been getting the access violation at address error, it means that the software on your system tried to access a protected memory address. The memory address which is protected should not be accessed by the program you are trying to run, except for the program that is currently using it. So for example, if the memory piece is called “delta” and the program with access to it is called “alpha”; only alpha could access the delta memory address. The access violation at address error will be followed by a series of letters and numbers."

and

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askperf/2008/06/03/access-violation-how-dare-you/

-Mikael

Thats possible, ill have look for a registry fix since ive already loaded up my windows with all my work software and id rather not reformat. I'm just surprised that its having that error considering that it was one of the first softwares i installed on the fresh windows 10 install.

The software version is the newest listed on the support page (AISuite_3 -ASUS AI Suite 3 V1.01.45 )

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-X99-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

I did a windows memery test and it passed. No issues there; however, i do have another problem with adaptive mode. The only thing that works good is manual and its pretty frustrating. I'm wondering if i have a bad board. I guess since i haven't gotten help on here form them i need to contact them directly.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88010-Is-my-brand-new-asus-strix-motherboard-bad

Try to do everything in Bios it works great and has many options.

Having the same issue, Brand new X299 rig, launching Fan Xpert 4. Between this, and still having the Aura/Armory fighting each other, I'm curious as to why ASUS can't get their own software to play nice together.

Bahz
Level 12
This could be a software conflict, what other software do you currently have installed on your system? AI Suite 3 is a pretty big software package with a lot of DLL and may have compatibility issues with other software. We're still trying to crack down on all the compatibility related issues, if you can share any additional details that would help us a lot. Please also provide your full system specs including OS version and build.

Thanks,
Bahz