cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTX 1070 STRIX temperature?

octobuz
Level 7
Greetings to all.
I have a new video card strix 1070, computer cases it's open but temperatures for all games come to 77 °- 80°
They are not too exaggerated? maybe it's a problem of video card, I ask for a refund?
many thanks
the problem is ruining the enthusiasm:(
13 REPLIES 13

GamerSX
Level 7
These are extreme temps for the Strix, if you have good case ventilation and still getting these kind of temps with the default fan curves i would RMA the card immediately.

Also worth making sure that all your 3 fans are running properly and try at 70% or 80% custom fan speed and see if you manage to get it in the low 60c, if increasing fan speed to 70% and monitoring that all three fans are running and you are still getting over 70c under load then you definitely have a problem.

The normal temps of a Strix non-OC in a well ventilated case is 66-67c degree under load and 69-71c degrees when overclocked

Normal temps for the OC edition with the max power target of 120% is 69-72c degrees under load ..

Your temps are way too high and you should do something about it.

Nate152
Hi octobuz

Welcome to the ROG forum !

As GamerSX is getting at install the latest version of GPU Tweak II and set a fan curve or manually raise the fan speed and see if temps drop lower. Temp in the 70's is ok but once you hit 80c - 82c your gpu will start thermal throttling, you'll want to keep below 80c.

I tried to force the fans to 100% and I've reached the 69° 71°.
so you should be fine?
or do I reach the temperature 69 ° 71 ° without forcing the fans?

thanks

octobuz wrote:
I tried to force the fans to 100% and I've reached the 69° 71°.
so you should be fine?
or do I reach the temperature 69 ° 71 ° without forcing the fans?

thanks

What version of the Strix do you have? the OC or standard version?

Again if your case is well ventilated, meaning that you have well functioning intake fans that are constantly supplying the case with cool fresh air, and you have a good exhaust fan that is continuously exhausting hot air out of the case and you are still reaching these temps then that is not normal.

Do you have the card overclocked? do you have the power target set at 112% on the standard version or 120% on the OC version?

In any case, if you have a well ventilated case and you are running the fans at 100% and you are still in the 70s range then you most probably have contact problems or thermal compound problem

If the cooler or thermal compound were not properly applied in the factory which seems to be your case, your temps will remain high no matter what you do, i would contact ASUS support and request an RMA because your temps are very high for the Strix.

I have the standard version (112%) and not overclocked.

Nate152

I just tested on my Strix with max power target, 100% fan i get 54c after 10 minutes of continuous load , your temps are way off IMO ...

fans 100% and I've reached the 69° 72° (in game max setting)

octobuz wrote:
fans 100% and I've reached the 69° 72°

That is about 18c degrees higher than what i am getting with the same card and same settings at 100% fan, it looks like the cooler is not making perfect contact with your GPU