cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X99 Deluxe II aura header rgb stripe

Obecny
Level 7
I have a problem with my aura header, the blue colour is constantly on, even if I turn off the header from bios the BLUE leds are on
so there is no option to get full red or yellow colour as it always mixing with blue 😞 I have tried few different bioses but no difference at all.
2 REPLIES 2

huppra
Level 7
Obecny wrote:
I have a problem with my aura header, the blue colour is constantly on, even if I turn off the header from bios the BLUE leds are on
so there is no option to get full red or yellow colour as it always mixing with blue 😞 I have tried few different bioses but no difference at all.

I have the same problem. I have been posting about it in another similar thread http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?86274-Getting-Aura-to-work-with-Asus-x99-ROG-Strix

huppra wrote:
I am using the Phantek LED strip w/ the Asus Aura Adapter. I have also tried a Cablemod strip and adapter as well.

edit: whats weird is if i slide the cable slow on/off the motherboard I can see it output many different colors that it will not display when the software is enabled. As soon as the cable is securely seated it only displays colors with blue tints. So bluish purple pink, blue, light blue. I cannot get it to display orange, green, red, yellow. I know the adapter cable is on correctly as both cables will not power the LED lights if turned around. It is certainly a software issue otherwise I don't know why the cable would display the correct colors when sliding on / off or when connected to other color outputs like my Phantek case.

fidelity101
Level 7
Did you take a look at the header on the motherboard? Most RGB strips are just that. RED GREEN BLUE. At least on mine, it's RED BLUE GREEN meaning two of the pins are wrong. It's entirely possible that your motherboard has a similar issue and power and Blue are swapped.