cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone bought G701VI yet ?

mehdi_moha
Level 8
Hello everyone,

I am going to upgrade my gaming laptop and I thin MSI GT73vr (1080 version) is better than Asus G752vs, because of GPU and some other problems that gamers complained...
Now, Asus published a new one with 1080 GPU, anyone tried that ?
if yes, would you please share your experience with us ?

thank you
8 REPLIES 8

Rares95
Level 8
GT73 is not only a new chasis, but it's way better looking than the G752 or any ASUS products. It also doesn't have the DVD Writer (THANK GOD), it has intakes on the side instead. Unlike ASUS that draws air from the keyboard,ports or anywhere the intake was designed to be.

Also I am sure MSI doesn't suffer for generation handicap (problems that are not fixed in new generations).

Rares95 wrote:
GT73 is not only a new chasis, but it's way better looking than the G752 or any ASUS products. It also doesn't have the DVD Writer (THANK GOD), it has intakes on the side instead. Unlike ASUS that draws air from the keyboard,ports or anywhere the intake was designed to be.

Also I am sure MSI doesn't suffer for generation handicap (problems that are not fixed in new generations).

so you are suggesting MSI too !
I asked form diffrent peoples in Asus forum and all of them suggested me to buy MSI ! its strange 😐

alexkyse
Level 7
I'm watching on it... I don't like MSI Style.. I don't know why but I prefer the G701VI...

alexkyse wrote:
I'm watching on it... I don't like MSI Style.. I don't know why but I prefer the G701VI...

Well the G701VI does look like the previous chasis but the internals have to be different this time. It lacks the stupid DVD Writer, so the connections on the left side had to be redone. Hopefully they're on the motherboard and not a child-board.:rolleyes:

Rares95
Level 8
This is strange, there seems to be a slight confusion between G701VI listings:

http://www.xoticpc.com/asus-g701vi-xb72k.html < Here it looks like the G752
http://www.excaliberpc.com/647418/asus-g701vi-xb72k-17.3-g-sync-full.html# < Here it looks like a new chasis, which is pretty cool looking

On the ASUS site it looks like the latter, which looks cool enough for me to get it. Especially if they don't bring the FHD MSI G73VR here (they only got 4K which is stupid and too expensive)

Rares95 wrote:
This is strange, there seems to be a slight confusion between G701VI listings:

http://www.xoticpc.com/asus-g701vi-xb72k.html < Here it looks like the G752
http://www.excaliberpc.com/647418/asus-g701vi-xb72k-17.3-g-sync-full.html# < Here it looks like a new chasis, which is pretty cool looking

On the ASUS site it looks like the latter, which looks cool enough for me to get it. Especially if they don't bring the FHD MSI G73VR here (they only got 4K which is stupid and too expensive)

hahahaaaa

I noticed that also 😄

even in the asus website there is not any complete information about it! i think this is another reason that games are suggesting me the MSI 😉

mehdi.moha wrote:
hahahaaaa

I noticed that also 😄

even in the asus website there is not any complete information about it! i think this is another reason that games are suggesting me the MSI 😉

Also the fact that it seems to be overpriced from the listings....from 3000$ to 5000$ on some sites, no way. The G701VI seems to be an abomination, that's why I think the difference between different site listings. Seems like every site has either a different price or wrong photos. Get it together, ASUS.

I think MSI's are better this generation, and for sure they don't suffer from the same problems all the gaming ASUS laptops have had for the past 3.5 generations

Rares95 wrote:
Also the fact that it seems to be overpriced from the listings....from 3000$ to 5000$ on some sites, no way. The G701VI seems to be an abomination, that's why I think the difference between different site listings. Seems like every site has either a different price or wrong photos. Get it together, ASUS.

I think MSI's are better this generation, and for sure they don't suffer from the same problems all the gaming ASUS laptops have had for the past 3.5 generations

yes you right!
ALso the G701VI doesn't have any H.D.D !!!
we have to use SSD only !

now, i am closer to MSI ...