cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strip 1080 wrong color logo

Anirafkram
Level 7
I have a strange problem whereas my strix 1080 with Aura lighting uses a different color for the ROG logo, vs the normal configured color. This only started to happen after owning it for a month or two. As it is, I run it with a deep purple color, but the logo is vibrant pink. Any other color seems to match just fine. Has anyone seen anything like this?
7 REPLIES 7

protos
Level 7
Anirafkram wrote:
I have a strange problem whereas my strix 1080 with Aura lighting uses a different color for the ROG logo, vs the normal configured color. This only started to happen after owning it for a month or two. As it is, I run it with a deep purple color, but the logo is vibrant pink. Any other color seems to match just fine. Has anyone seen anything like this?

I just tested mine today, the colors are all ok. Though I don't use aura at all. Have you tried uninstalling aura reboot then reinstall the latest aura? Hope this helps

Anirafkram
Level 7
Yes, it didn't seem to help. It doesn't really matter, just kind of annoying.

Chino
Level 15
Are you using the latest AURA program for your GPU? If so, you can take a screenshot of the color that you plan to use?

I have a few Strix GTX 1080's around so I can test it for you. Maybe we can find out if it's a software issue or hardware issue. 🙂

Anirafkram
Level 7
OK, I've reinstalled the GPUTweak2 ver 1360. I've changed the color to about every version in the spectrum, and no matter what, the logo has a different tint. It's almost as if one of the LEDs is either bad, or being programmed to a different color regardless of my settings. I've attached the images if you want to review.

This is the computer...it's hard to see, but the card LEDs are vibrant purple, and the logo is bright pink.

This is the application setting:

Menthol
Level 14
When I had my Srix 1080 in my PC with a RED color scheme the LOGO was brighter than the rest of the card, looked more Orange than RED, I have since built a Green Razer themed PC for my son and install the Strix in his system and all locations on the card look the same

Anirafkram
Level 7
Yep, it isn't a big deal, just kind of annoying that the lighting doesn't match.

Anirafkram wrote:
Yep, it isn't a big deal, just kind of annoying that the lighting doesn't match.

Look at my 1080...it is like this since day 1, not impressed at all... 😞

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88417-ASUS-GTX1080-Strix-OC-LED-issues