ROG Member Array

Question G73SW Headphone jack problem

Hello guys,
    First of all A very Happy New Year to All of U!!!!!

I got myself a new G73SW A1.I am very happy with its running till now.Everything runs perfect except one small issue that I found.
    The sound from my speakers is ok,but when I use the headphones I don't get a proper sound,some squeals,scratches,in case of songs I can only hear the music sometimes(not the vocals). I tried updating my Realtek Audio driver to 6.23 but the problem still persists.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks,Have a great day today!!!

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array

Try uninstalling the Realtek software completely, and installing the lastest version directly from Realtek: v2.67

ROG Member Array

Ok,I ll try that.I ll let u know later coz I am goin out sumwhere on New Year.

ROG Member Array

@BrodyBoy
    I tried uninstalling the driver completely and reinstalling the v2.67 Realtek driver,but the problem still persists.
    What else can I do?

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array fostert's Avatar

Might be oxidation in the contacts inside the jack? Does the sound change if you twist the jack while its plugged in? Get a can of Contact Cleaner from an electronics shop (.e.g.the source) and squirt a bit in there, or some on the male end of the headphones and insert several times. In a pinch I have used ketchup to clean contacts, but that would be hard to wipe out of the jack!

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by fostert View Post
    Might be oxidation in the contacts inside the jack? Does the sound change if you twist the jack while its plugged in? Get a can of Contact Cleaner from an electronics shop (.e.g.the source) and squirt a bit in there, or some on the male end of the headphones and insert several times. In a pinch I have used ketchup to clean contacts, but that would be hard to wipe out of the jack!
    I guess ur right.I tried inserting the headphone pin just over 3/4th in the jack & it sounds fine.But when I insert it full same problem happens.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array JRd1st's Avatar

A tiny bit of toothpaste works well to clean contacts, but only in places where the toothpaste can be cleaned off, too. Not good in a headphone jack, I don't think . . .

A shot of WD40 on the headphone plug then inserted and twisted a few times might work.
    Read the User's Manual for more info.

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
    Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
    LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
    Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
    Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array fostert's Avatar

Is that stuff conductive though? Might work but I thought a mineral oil would be more of an insulator. I usually use WD40 to lube the hubs of old dusty fans as I assume it doesn't short the windings inside. But I imagine it'd be great to protect from oxidation of the contacts. Worth a try too for sure and easy to wipe off if it doesn't work.