cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio issues with a "customized" ROG G75V

Nem3sis
Level 7
Hey guys,

I'm in a very odd situation: my motherboard got fried, and I couldn't wait for the delivery of the original ASUS parts (travels), so the technicians said they can put a
Samsung motherboard instead.
They did it, everything is fine, but my audio has been ****ed ever since. I suspect I have only the subwoofer connected to the motherboard (when I do the audio tests,
when the left and right speakers are supposed to play, I hear the sound from the subwoofers). As you can imagine this makes the sound terrible. When with headphones
everything is fine.

I'd like to ask you to help me out with the following things: is there any way (through software) that I can check whether the speakers are connected?
How can I check (again without opening) what motherboard do I have now?
Any other ways to check if the problems is bad settings or indeed a ****ty hardware set-up?

Thanks a lot!
1 REPLY 1

Clintlgm
Level 14
Well you left us all shrugging a Samsung motherboard in a Asus G75V I for one have never heard of anything like this before.
Should you be mistaken about that and have a Asus G75V, I would download the latest drivers from Asus Support Downloads. My guess is you do have an Asus G75v motherboard and your windows install has supplied a generic driver that is not working well for you.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro