cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AiTweaker Menu clarification

lyingcat
Level 7
I've read up on the issues people have had getting their RAM frequencies properly recognized on Z170 boards. I'm not comfortable performing a manual OC yet, but using the "EZ System Tuning" to provide an auto overclock was simple. This resulted in a 15% OC for my 32GB of RAM, however, it still doesn't run at the frequency it should. Rather than running at 2888, it runs at 2666 (according to the UEFI).

The manual directs you to make further adjustments to the frequency in the AiTweaker menu, which also seems very easy. I see where to edit this via a dropdown, but I'm not certain whether any other settings (voltages, etc) would also need to be changed. The manual does not specify. Can anyone clarify this?

Also, the 15% OC is visible in the UEFI, but not visible in Windows via AiSuite or CPU-Z. Is this normal?
5 REPLIES 5

Nate152
Hi lyingcat

Please list your complete pc specs or you can fill in your specs in your profile and they will show below your name like mine.

It would be better to do your overclocking manually rather than using the presets.

List your specs and we'll go from there. 🙂

@Nate -- As I said, I'm not yet comfortable doing a manual overclock and would rather not. For now, I want to stick to using the AiTweaker to just bump it up a bit to at least get what I've paid for. All I need to know is whether voltages need to also be adjusted if I change the frequency in the tweaker. A simple yes/no will suffice. I can take it from there.

Thanks.

Nate152
If you are referring to the ram you won't know until you try it, set the ai overclock tuner to XMP and see if it goes. This will set your ram at its rated specs, if it doesn't go you'll need to raise the cpu vccio voltage, cpu system agent voltage and possibly the Dram voltage.

If you are referring to the cpu frequency you can let the cpu core/cache voltage on auto but your cpu will likely get over volted is why I suggest setting it manually. So in short for the cpu frequency, if the voltage is on auto it will adjust to the frequency you set.

Pay close attention to your cpu temps when overclocking it.

Overclocking your cpu manually is not difficult.

@nate -- Yes, I was just talking about the RAM. The CPU (6700K) is sitting at a 15% OC (like the RAM), which I'm fine with for now.

The info about the tweaker is just what I was looking for, thanks. Will definitely keep an eye on things.

Nate152
You're welcome

Here is Hwinfo with my 6700k, it monitors pretty much everything.

Click the pic a few times to make it bigger