MonitorBig enough
    CaseLevel 10
    Keyboard Claymore
    Mouse Spatha
    Headset AKG
    Mouse Pad Rog big one
    Headset/Speakers Harman GLA
    OS W10

Rest assured, it`s not only Asus .......
    I jumped over on the Asus train, as Cors... gave me 3x a faulty KB and troublesome mouse.
    Not to mention the trouble with drivers and FW...

As up to now, it`s still working fine for me over here

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Crasje's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -hetz- View Post
    Just a little update from me, I changed my motherboard from VIII Ranger to IX Formula and I have my dock plugged in USB 2.0 port on the motherboard, mice now works fine, with no problems.

Hmmm My Spatha is on the 2.0 port and I have to unplug -plug it almost every time...
    Cooler Master Cosmos II (with glass side panel)
    Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W ATX
    ROG Asus Maximus IX Formula
    Intel Core i7-7700k
    Corsair Hydro Series H115i CPU Cooler
    Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB 3000Mhz
    Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME M.2 SSD
    Crucial SSD M500 480GB
    Seagate Firecuda 1TB
    Samsung SH-224DB (SATA, 24x)
    ROG Strix Gaming GTX980Ti DC30C 6GD5
    Monitor 1: ASUS ROG Swift PG348Q
    Monitor 2: Samsung HDTV T27D590
    ROG Claymore
    ROG Spatha
    ROG Balteus Qi
    Windows 10

ROG Enthusiast Array XIIIIX PC Specs
    XIIIIX PC Specs
    MotherboardR4 BE
    Processor4930
    Memory (part number)Gskill
    Graphics Card #1GTX1080
    Sound CardX7 LE
    MonitorBig enough
    CaseLevel 10
    Keyboard Claymore
    Mouse Spatha
    Headset AKG
    Mouse Pad Rog big one
    Headset/Speakers Harman GLA
    OS W10

Quote Originally Posted by Crasje View Post

Hmmm My Spatha is on the 2.0 port and I have to unplug -plug it almost every time...
    Do you use it wired or wire-less?

I am using it wireless.

I thinking of putting an USB extension cable on it so I don't have to get behind my PC to unplug/replug it to make it work.

Unfortunately it is not working 50-60% of the time.

I am in contact with Bahz who is also in this thread and their Product Manager is working on it. So all we can do is wait. *
    Intel Core i7-7700k
    Crucial SSD M500 480GB
    Seagate Firecuda 1TB
    ROG Claymore
    ROG Spatha
    ROG Balteus Qi
    Windows 10

ROG Enthusiast Array Severan PC Specs
    Severan PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Toshiba l500 ut1
    MotherboardAsus maximus VIII hero
    ProcessorIntel i5 6600k
    Memory (part number)G. Skill Ripjaws 16 gig @3000mhz
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix 1080ti OC
    MonitorASUS MG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung Evo 960 500Gigs
    Storage #2Generic 250 gigs HDD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master 280 Master Liquid
    CaseCooler Master 590 III
    Power SupplyTacens Valeo 800
    Keyboard Generic crap
    Mouse Asus ROG Spatha
    Headset Seinnheiser HD555
    Mouse Pad Crap
    OS Windows 10 pro
    Network RouterASUS AC RT68U
    Accessory #1 Blue Yeti
    Accessory #2 Xbox 360 Gamepad

Well, here's an interesting coincidence, I have this issue as well. I have some further info though since I documented it a bunch of times out of boredom:
    out of 100 reboots /on off cycles, the spatha does not work in wireless from the start in 37 of those reboots and I have to unplug / plug the dock for it to work again. Turning the mouse on off does not, nor does the syncing button. plugging the mouse via usb makes it work but the dock remains turned off. (I'm having the issue right this very moment, freaking annoying since the cable is short and I use it for charging the smartphone.)
    It even happens if I don't turn off the PC. Out of those 100 documented reboots I mentioned, the mouse stopped working in wireless mode several times when placed on the dock and left by itself for an extended period of time. E.g.: I stopped working, placed mouse on dock for charging and went for a jog. Came back, no mouse. I ddn't take note how often this happened but now I'm wishing I had.

Things I tried to do and confirmed to work:
    After booting the PC and confirmed the mouse wasn't working in wireless mode, unpluging and repluging the dock always work. This isn't a fix, it's damage control. It needs to be addressed.

What doesn't work:
    Uninstall and reinstall armoury (went to ASUS website for the latest version). Nearly bricked the mouse. Seriously, you guys need to work on these drivers. Bloody thing stopped recognizing the dock and had to work with the generic drivers for the mouse for over an hour, with several boots to safe mode and was stuck in the "uninstaling" loop, afterwards it kept saying it had updates to do, i rebooted it like 10 times... This isn't even funny when I consider we're talking about a mouse. If you can uninstall and reinstall the drivers 5 times without issues I'll say you aern't installing them like the end user does and I'd like to humbly ask for an instructional manual on how to use ASUS drivers (I'm also going to extend this to the AI Suite. Thing is buggy as all hell combined.)

Syncing the dock / mouse via the back and bottom buttons repectively does nothing to turn on the wireless dock.
    Plugging the mouse to USB. this only makes it work as USB, the dock remains off. So it doesn't fix the isue.

I have rebooted the pc twice today and dock remains off. I gave up and I'm using the cable, but this is a disgrace for the trust I put on ASUS at this point. No amount of hype or marketing is going to change this, Client Support needs to address this instead.

Other PCs. I have three ASUS motherboards and two mice. Funny thing, one ASUS motherboard did not work with the other G950 asus mouse. Black screen and had to reflash the original firmware, I'd like to mention the trust subject again here. So I tried the mouse in all of ASUS motherboards and the problem happens in all of them. Also tried one gigabyte and can confirm it also happens but the experience is negligible (happened once and assumed the problem lies in the mouse/dock combo).

Regardinfg the use of USB 2 or 3 ports. No difference. Happens in both. I haven't cared to try and understand how often, I simply got fed it with having to get up to reach the back of the pc to replug it so I started switching the ports constantly, and I've done that several times at this point, so it's not that either.

Food for thought:
    This came to mind after posting the original comment. So, after the PC turns off, and my mouse is in the dock, the lights keep blinking and doing whatever they are programmed to. Afterwards, like next day, the battery is at 100% so it's clearly getting power. So why does the dock turn off? Is it posible for a software hack to turn off some kind off power saving measure from the dock and keep it on all the time, synced with the mouse?

At this point We all have a 160 euro wireless /cable mouse that only works both ways around 37% of the times. Please fix?

Cheers...

Edit: Clarification added regarding USB 2 and 3 and an extra food for thought point.
    Edit 2:
    Might a well share this. My motherboard is an ASUS Maximus VIII Hero with the 2002 firmware. (well the 2xxx something, there's only one.)
    If something is working on this try this setup to see if it's hardware linked somewhere.
    Edit3 :
    This is a bit ridiculous but seing as I have a bit of time to spare let me go "balls deep". So my router is a optic fiber with the ONT inside, glued to the wall and about 50 cm close to the dock. Rebooted two times, no fix, so it's not interference (there's nothing half as pontent as this router is seeing how close together they are.)
    The mouse and dock tried to sync for a couple of seconds apparently though. Both were bliking their lights until both turned off and nothing happened. Bummer...
    Edit 4: Rememebered about the issues I had with the latest drivers after I went to confirm if there were newer ones. The "will uninstall the current driver and the following instalation will install the latest ones" was broken for me, every time it booted it said it had to uninstall the driver. After I fixed that one it kept saying the deviced had updates. Then mouse wasn't responsive at all... Now that I think about all this I feel like returning the mouse again.

More experiments:
    Updated the BIOS to 3401 version, latest one currently. no difference. Running all BIOS options stock just in case.
    Mouse stopped responding even in USB after a couple of reboots. The more I try to understand what the issue is the more it breaks.

Here's a couple of videos and pictures detailing my adventure:
    With PC turned off (yes I keep the mobo lights on when turned off... I don't think that there's even an option to turn that off but whatever) the mouse lights are still turned on:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170408_130436.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	533.3 KB 
ID:	63789
    (please look at the CPU fan to confirm that it is turned off)

With PC turned on, the dock stays off:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170408_130539.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	488.0 KB 
ID:	63790
    (please look at the CPU fan to confirm that it is turned on)

While trying different things like syncing, plugging USB cable to mouse (which eventually it stops working even... fml...):
    Turning it off and on again doesn't work:
    https://youtu.be/aop07pz5bHY
    Rebooting doesn't either:
    https://youtu.be/XmLH7PgeqDo
    Syncing lights all over the place but someone clearly is missing the hole somewhere...

Now the USB cable doesn't work... Also unplugged the dock and it doesn't work either...
    https://youtu.be/qXikXWBSS4Y

GG 160 euro mouse. GG...

Btw, fixed it after unplugging everything and rebooting without a mouse, lots of tabbing involved, shutdown pc, replugged and turned it on.
    Last edited by Severan; 04-08-2017 at 12:45 PM.

thats exactly what I have... well the warrenty is 2 years I think?
    Intel Core i7-7700k
    Crucial SSD M500 480GB
    Seagate Firecuda 1TB
    ROG Claymore
    ROG Spatha
    ROG Balteus Qi
    Windows 10

Severan PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel i5 6600k
    MonitorASUS MG279Q
    Keyboard Generic crap
    Mouse Asus ROG Spatha
    Mouse Pad Crap
    OS Windows 10 pro
    Accessory #1 Blue Yeti

But seeing how you have to return your mouse and currently I have no replacement It kind of stops me From returning it and just endure it. Besides it was a Xmas present bought in another city. It totally sucks for me, really. I could ship it but then you're adding more delay time. Meh...

Update Guys, I have been asked to test beta software to see if it is improving and I can say it has!

It has only not worked once out of 8 boots! That's a major improvement for me. Unfortunately, I can't share the beta software, but if you want to know who I got it from, send me a message, they might want more people to test with.
    Intel Core i7-7700k
    Crucial SSD M500 480GB
    Seagate Firecuda 1TB
    ROG Claymore
    ROG Spatha
    ROG Balteus Qi
    Windows 10

Severan PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel i5 6600k
    MonitorASUS MG279Q
    Keyboard Generic crap
    Mouse Asus ROG Spatha
    Mouse Pad Crap
    OS Windows 10 pro
    Accessory #1 Blue Yeti

Quote Originally Posted by Crasje View Post
    Update Guys, I have been asked to test beta software to see if it is improving and I can say it has!

It has only not worked once out of 8 boots! That's a major improvement for me. Unfortunately, I can't share the beta software, but if you want to know who I got it from, send me a message, they might want more people to test with.
    Well, after my wall of text it better have helped someone out there xD

Hoy @Bahz send me the software to try it out on my end, I offer my soul as a beta tester And please, tell the guys at ROG to add a way for us to change the speed of the lightning? Really odd you can select the Color cycling but can't say how fast or slow it actually cycles..

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Severan View Post
    Well, after my wall of text it better have helped someone out there xD

Hoy @Bahz send me the software to try it out on my end, I offer my soul as a beta tester And please, tell the guys at ROG to add a way for us to change the speed of the lightning? Really odd you can select the Color cycling but can't say how fast or slow it actually cycles..
    Thanks for your feedback and regarding the beta testing because internally they're probably already on different version but I haven't received that version from them. If I get an updated beta firmware or software then I will also send it to you to try out. Thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast