Hi guys,
so I just built a brand new system with the below components:

• Case: TT Core P5
  • MB: Asus ROG Strix x99, rev 1.00, BIOS ver. 1003
  • CPU: I7 6800k x 3.4 Ghz
  • GPU: Asus STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GA,
  • PSU: Corsair HX1000i
  • RAM:32 Gb G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 3333

So when I boot the system, I get a D6 Q code that mean no VGA, then I tried to swap my old Radeon 5870 and it boots fine, also I happened to have on hand another brand new 1070 same model of mine and even this one gets me a D6 code. I updated the MB with the latest bios, I connect the card on DVI monitor and I see that the card is powered because there is a RED/WHITE LED light right underneath the PCI-E power connector, and it lights up WHITE.

I mean two cards out of two, there is something I might missing here. I'd exclude any ESD damage, I wear ESD shoes, ESD strap and assemble everything on ESD mat.

I also removed the waterblock, re installed the original fan frame, tried on my old system and it boots fine, so the card works, the mb works, the components individually all work.
Maybe some odd incompatibility between the MB and GPU, even if they are both Asus ROG Strix??

Also another problem I have is that the RAM slot A1 does not recognize any DIMM, I have 4 x 8 GB DIMM, bought from the Asus compatibility list for this motherboad, so whatever DIMM I put in that slot it's not recognized,.
Without XMP enabled, only 16GB were detected, with XMP enable, 24 GB. In the BIOS, under TOOL menu, you can check each single slot what the SPD reads,
I can see the RAM block but the info about Manufacturer, Module Size and Maximum Bandwidth are missing. I tried to swap all 4 DIMM to slot A_1 and I have the same result, so I'd exclude that it's a memory problem

I also tried to use another 1000 W PSU from my old system to no aval.
I can post some picture of the setup if needed.
Any thought?
Thanks
0 REPLIES 0