cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

120MM radiator up in the case of 240 mm radiator at the front. What's better kwa tem

marcelmaria
Level 7
I have a question about the NZXT S340

I would like once the S340 Elite white suits go buy this to replace my 440

Only I have a few questions

What will you advise me to de120mm radiator to place at the top of the case or radiator 240 to be placed in the front?

processor is not done 6600K Overclocking and will probably not.

reads my theory

A 120 mm at the top of the case is more than 240 mm in front of the case

Why?

Because the heat is blown into the case. This makes my gtx 1080 and the motherboard heats up
Because there is no cold air into the cabinet

I doubt therefore buy between 120mm to the top of the case or for 240mm crack in front

Like your advice and possibly people could be here with the S340. What you are temps and where you hang the radiator
10 REPLIES 10

Nate152
Hi marcelmaria

Your case supports a 240mm or 280mm radiator in the front and you can have it as intake or exhaust. I'd go with one of these in case you decide to overclock your 6600k in the future.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi marcelmaria

Your case supports a 240mm or 280mm radiator in the front and you can have it as intake or exhaust. I'd go with one of these in case you decide to overclock your 6600k in the future.

the best is to mount the NZXT x61 squatting in front of the case?

2x front fans with the NZXT x61 as intake

and the rest as exhaust?

But if the NZXT in the front is mounted. temperatures run not higher? the heat is blocked by the radiator + the heat from the processor, the PC also?

Nate152
Well, if you mount the fans as intake your gpu will run a little warmer, if you mount the fans as exhaust your cpu will run a little warmer.

If you have it as intake, you'll want all other case fans as exhaust as you suggest which is what I'd do.

If you mount it as exhaust, you'll want all other case fans as intake.

Nate152 wrote:
Well, if you mount the fans as intake your gpu will run a little warmer, if you mount the fans as exhaust your cpu will run a little warmer.

If you have it as intake, you'll want all other case fans as exhaust as you suggest which is what I'd do.

If you mount it as exhaust, you'll want all other case fans as intake.

something warmer? 5 degrees. Is it not a better solution to get the x41? so that it is mounted in the top of the case? So that the cold air coming in. And X41 + fan at the back as exhaust?

Only the X41 good enough for the 6600K with possible overclock in the future
or does the x61 with a few degrees difference little to no difference?

Nate152
The Kraken x41 has a 140mm radiator, your case supports a 120mm fan at the rear so it would not fit.

You'd need a cooler with 120mm radiator to mount it at the rear.

It supports fans at the top of your case but it doesn't say anything about radiators at the top, I suspect there would be interference with the motherboard.

Nate152 wrote:
The Kraken x41 has a 140mm radiator, your case supports a 120mm fan at the rear so it would not fit.

You'd need a cooler with 120mm radiator to mount it at the rear.

It supports fans at the top of your case but it doesn't say anything about radiators at the top, I suspect there would be interference with the motherboard.

Sharp idd here I had not taken into account and overlooked thank you.

The crack x61 is no doubt about it then. Only the temperatures would increase this very difference from the radiator into the top of the case?

For example, if I card 3/5 degrees warmer will be no problem. But the card should obviously not be suddenly 15 degrees warmer.

CPU 38
MOTHERBOARD 29
VRM 36
PCH 38 temps

Not that I will be all under normal circumstances thick about 40 degrees bowl.

marcelmaria
Level 7
that's silly of me that I have overlooked. Thank you:)

Nate152

Nate152 wrote:
Yeah even if those temps jumped up 5c they're still good temperatures.

Then my choice yet fallen on the X61 🙂 Thank you so. Once the S340 Elite purchase in the white I order him with the Kraken X61. Temperatures will certainly not 10 degrees up I expected.