Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array enyceedanny PC Specs
    enyceedanny PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Edition 10
    Processor6850K
    Memory (part number)CMD64GX4M4B2800C14
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1080 TI FTW3 w/ EK Waterblock + Backplate
    Sound CardASUS SupremeFX Hi-Fi
    Monitor2 x Dell U3011
    Storage #1Samsung 950 Pro 512GB
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro 1TB
    CPU CoolerEK EX480 Radiator
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 900D
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i
    Keyboard Daskeyboard 4 Ultimate
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Mouse Pad Glorious PC Gaming Race XXL
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch Promedia 2.1
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Reputation
    30
    Posts
    75

    Potential Fix. Realbench Luxmark has crashed + display driver crash/recovered.

    I've recently upgraded to the 6850K and Rampage V Edition 10. After much testing, I found at 44x multiplier at 1.35v runs everything stable (Prime95 26.6 and latest, AIDA64), but during Realbench runs Luxmark would sporadically crash, with an event viewer indicating that the nvidia driver crashed then recovered.

    After a lot of searching around, I found that certain monitoring software can cause it to crash. Although it was generally only with the OSD part on. But even with no monitoring software running, it would still crash frequently.
    I've even put my CPU back to stock and downclocked my DIMMS to 2133mhz with loose timings only to have the display driver crash/recover during realbench. This didn't only happen on Realbench, it would happen during LINX as well (but not P95).

    At this point I thought maybe it was my video card, but it passes any and all stability testing I threw at it.

    For the hell of it, I decided to up the voltage of my DIMMS to 1.36 (from 1.35 stock), and what do you know, it doesn't crash anymore. I've been running additional tests throughout, but so far it hasn't crashed yet. Even back at my overclock settings with tight timings.

    When looking at the Qualified Vendor List for DDR4, my set isn't listed there, so I'm guessing the BIOS isn't really optimized for them. I have the Corsair Dominator Platinum 2800 (4x16gb) modules. I'm guessing that for higher density DIMMS, a slight notch in vdimm is needed for full stability.

    Although YMMV, if you're having such issues when everything else seems to be stable, try it out.

    Oh, and one way to replicate the crashing easily, is to have RB running stress test @ max memory, and have a youtube video running fullscreen. Then keep getting in and out of fullscreen mode. It will start to lag up the whole system for a bit, then the display driver will crash. It may take a few minutes, but I've been able to replicate it like this every time.
    Last edited by enyceedanny; 10-07-2016 at 01:58 AM.

  2. #2
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Qwinn PC Specs
    Qwinn PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme - BIOS 3301
    Processor5930K @ 4.4 GHz Adaptive 1.27v / 4.2 Ghz cache Offset +0.27v / Input 1.92v / LLC7
    Memory (part number)G.Skill 32gb DDR4-2666Mhz 15-15-15-35-CR2 1.2v at XMP settings
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Gaming G1 980Ti OC to 1455Mhz Core 8000Mhz memory at Stock Voltage
    Graphics Card #2Gigabyte Gaming G1 980Ti SLI
    MonitorROG Swift PG278Q
    Storage #1Intel 750 PCIe 1.2TB
    Storage #2Sandisk Ultra II 960GB SSD
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate (360" rad AIO)
    CaseThermalTake v71 Full Tower
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2
    Keyboard Saitek Eclipse II
    Mouse Razer A5090 Master of Destiny
    OS Windows 10 Professional 64 bit Build 10586

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Reputation
    46
    Posts
    670

    Were you running in SLI? Realbench is known to crash with SLI enabled during the Luxmark portion (and also, in my experience, while gathering system information). IMHO the fact that Realbench yields "false positive" crashes when using a very common configuration like SLI devalues Realbench a great deal for me as a proper stability test.

  3. #3
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Laptop?...No way! (Model?...Jun Amaki...yes way!)
    MotherboardROG ZENITH II EXTREME
    ProcessorTHREADRIPPER 3960X
    Memory (part number)TXBD48G4000HC18FBK
    Graphics Card #1GTX Titan X
    Graphics Card #2SLI is dead to me
    Graphics Card #3Tri SLI is even dead to Nvidia
    Graphics Card #4Quad SLI is dead to everybody especially my credit card
    Sound CardXonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970/960/950 PRO
    Storage #22x OCZ VERTEX 3/2x WD Caviar Black 500GB / 2x WD RED 2TB/Samsung 1TBSSDs
    CPU CoolerCustom Loop: Dual D5s, Dual Alphacool Monsta 480s, XSPC Raystorm Neo TR4, EK TitanX WaterBlock
    CaseNope!...Dimastech Easy XL...let it all hang out man!
    Power SupplySeasonic 1000 Platinum
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe MK2 ROG Claymore... or Fender Rhodes Electric Piano (MKI 73)
    Mouse Corsair M65Pro or Speedy Gonzalez...not Mickey...don't do Disney!
    Headset ...firmly on neck
    Mouse Pad Mouse don't got his own pad man...lives with me
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Spinnaker...or you mean the speakers in my head...man too many voices to name them all
    OS Win XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 Spyware Edition
    Network Router56k modem
    Accessory #1 Umm...nice tie?
    Accessory #2 Err...belt?
    Accessory #3 3 accessories?! I'm not a girl!!
    Arne Saknussemm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Reputation
    499
    Posts
    13,578

    Hmmm...errrmm...hang on. I run SLI and have no problem running RealBench and never have...on any version or any Nvidia driver...so that seems too general a statement to me...

    I reproduced an issue with OSD running from Precision X on a previous version...since I don't use OSD a lot I don't have it on much and haven't tested latest version...

    This is the only "false positive" I have ever had from RealBench...and even then I'm not sure I could categorically use that description. Crashes in RealBench are crashes and come from instability in 99.999% of cases. As OP kind of attests...

    I have had problems with Luxmark not starting sometimes but clean install of Nvidia drivers fixed that...
    Last edited by Arne Saknussemm; 10-07-2016 at 04:51 PM.

  4. #4
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Qwinn PC Specs
    Qwinn PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme - BIOS 3301
    Processor5930K @ 4.4 GHz Adaptive 1.27v / 4.2 Ghz cache Offset +0.27v / Input 1.92v / LLC7
    Memory (part number)G.Skill 32gb DDR4-2666Mhz 15-15-15-35-CR2 1.2v at XMP settings
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Gaming G1 980Ti OC to 1455Mhz Core 8000Mhz memory at Stock Voltage
    Graphics Card #2Gigabyte Gaming G1 980Ti SLI
    MonitorROG Swift PG278Q
    Storage #1Intel 750 PCIe 1.2TB
    Storage #2Sandisk Ultra II 960GB SSD
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate (360" rad AIO)
    CaseThermalTake v71 Full Tower
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2
    Keyboard Saitek Eclipse II
    Mouse Razer A5090 Master of Destiny
    OS Windows 10 Professional 64 bit Build 10586

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Reputation
    46
    Posts
    670

    Here's a thread where several people get black screens running the benchmark in SLI that go away when SLI is disabled:

    http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...-stopped/page2

    That's the second page of the thread. Note near the end that I did extensive testing with running on all optimized defaults, no overclocking of any kind, with SLI enabled and it would still crash.
    Last edited by Qwinn; 10-07-2016 at 08:10 PM.

  5. #5
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array enyceedanny PC Specs
    enyceedanny PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Edition 10
    Processor6850K
    Memory (part number)CMD64GX4M4B2800C14
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1080 TI FTW3 w/ EK Waterblock + Backplate
    Sound CardASUS SupremeFX Hi-Fi
    Monitor2 x Dell U3011
    Storage #1Samsung 950 Pro 512GB
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro 1TB
    CPU CoolerEK EX480 Radiator
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 900D
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i
    Keyboard Daskeyboard 4 Ultimate
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Mouse Pad Glorious PC Gaming Race XXL
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch Promedia 2.1
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Reputation
    30
    Posts
    75

    Quote Originally Posted by Qwinn View Post
    Were you running in SLI? Realbench is known to crash with SLI enabled during the Luxmark portion (and also, in my experience, while gathering system information). IMHO the fact that Realbench yields "false positive" crashes when using a very common configuration like SLI devalues Realbench a great deal for me as a proper stability test.
    Nope, single GPU.

  6. #6
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Laptop?...No way! (Model?...Jun Amaki...yes way!)
    MotherboardROG ZENITH II EXTREME
    ProcessorTHREADRIPPER 3960X
    Memory (part number)TXBD48G4000HC18FBK
    Graphics Card #1GTX Titan X
    Graphics Card #2SLI is dead to me
    Graphics Card #3Tri SLI is even dead to Nvidia
    Graphics Card #4Quad SLI is dead to everybody especially my credit card
    Sound CardXonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970/960/950 PRO
    Storage #22x OCZ VERTEX 3/2x WD Caviar Black 500GB / 2x WD RED 2TB/Samsung 1TBSSDs
    CPU CoolerCustom Loop: Dual D5s, Dual Alphacool Monsta 480s, XSPC Raystorm Neo TR4, EK TitanX WaterBlock
    CaseNope!...Dimastech Easy XL...let it all hang out man!
    Power SupplySeasonic 1000 Platinum
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe MK2 ROG Claymore... or Fender Rhodes Electric Piano (MKI 73)
    Mouse Corsair M65Pro or Speedy Gonzalez...not Mickey...don't do Disney!
    Headset ...firmly on neck
    Mouse Pad Mouse don't got his own pad man...lives with me
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Spinnaker...or you mean the speakers in my head...man too many voices to name them all
    OS Win XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 Spyware Edition
    Network Router56k modem
    Accessory #1 Umm...nice tie?
    Accessory #2 Err...belt?
    Accessory #3 3 accessories?! I'm not a girl!!
    Arne Saknussemm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Reputation
    499
    Posts
    13,578

    I would just assume SLI is adding more "stress" to system and RealBench is finding weakness at that stress level. That would honestly be my first take. As I say I have no problem running RB with SLI and SLI OCd and everything OC'd....up to a certain point of course.

    Of course there may be some weird problem/conflict with RB in some cases that you guys have found but that would be my last thought TBH. I'd look at OC or mem stability first...

  7. #7
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by enyceedanny View Post
    I've recently upgraded to the 6850K and Rampage V Edition 10. After much testing, I found at 44x multiplier at 1.35v runs everything stable (Prime95 26.6 and latest, AIDA64), but during Realbench runs Luxmark would sporadically crash, with an event viewer indicating that the nvidia driver crashed then recovered.

    After a lot of searching around, I found that certain monitoring software can cause it to crash. Although it was generally only with the OSD part on. But even with no monitoring software running, it would still crash frequently.
    I've even put my CPU back to stock and downclocked my DIMMS to 2133mhz with loose timings only to have the display driver crash/recover during realbench. This didn't only happen on Realbench, it would happen during LINX as well (but not P95).

    At this point I thought maybe it was my video card, but it passes any and all stability testing I threw at it.

    For the hell of it, I decided to up the voltage of my DIMMS to 1.36 (from 1.35 stock), and what do you know, it doesn't crash anymore. I've been running additional tests throughout, but so far it hasn't crashed yet. Even back at my overclock settings with tight timings.

    When looking at the Qualified Vendor List for DDR4, my set isn't listed there, so I'm guessing the BIOS isn't really optimized for them. I have the Corsair Dominator Platinum 2800 (4x16gb) modules. I'm guessing that for higher density DIMMS, a slight notch in vdimm is needed for full stability.

    Although YMMV, if you're having such issues when everything else seems to be stable, try it out.

    Oh, and one way to replicate the crashing easily, is to have RB running stress test @ max memory, and have a youtube video running fullscreen. Then keep getting in and out of ful lscreen mode. It will start to lag up the whole system for a bit, then the display driver will crash. It may take a few minutes, but I've been able to replicate it like this every time.
    I have a similar problem my graphics card is overclocked but i also tried at stock clock speeds but realbench either crashes as soon as i run it or after 5-10 minutes lexmark crashes.Gpu seems stabil overclock i tested it with unigine and firestrike.I think gskill trident z 16 gb rams(2x8) may be the problem but xmp on and off no luck.Cpu(6700k) not overclocked right now but doesnt make a difference if i oc it.Still RB crashes

  8. #8
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array enyceedanny PC Specs
    enyceedanny PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Edition 10
    Processor6850K
    Memory (part number)CMD64GX4M4B2800C14
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1080 TI FTW3 w/ EK Waterblock + Backplate
    Sound CardASUS SupremeFX Hi-Fi
    Monitor2 x Dell U3011
    Storage #1Samsung 950 Pro 512GB
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Pro 1TB
    CPU CoolerEK EX480 Radiator
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 900D
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i
    Keyboard Daskeyboard 4 Ultimate
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Mouse Pad Glorious PC Gaming Race XXL
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch Promedia 2.1
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Reputation
    30
    Posts
    75

    Quote Originally Posted by cynique View Post
    I have a similar problem my graphics card is overclocked but i also tried at stock clock speeds but realbench either crashes as soon as i run it or after 5-10 minutes lexmark crashes.Gpu seems stabil overclock i tested it with unigine and firestrike.I think gskill trident z 16 gb rams(2x8) may be the problem but xmp on and off no luck.Cpu(6700k) not overclocked right now but doesnt make a difference if i oc it.Still RB crashes

    Although the bump in vdimm did help initially, the issue came back. In the end, a clean install of Windows 10 solved this.

  9. #9
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Avenger411 PC Specs
    Avenger411 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rampage V Extreme
    ProcessorIntel 5930K@4.3Ghz
    Memory (part number)G-Skills DDR4-3200 (16-16-16-36-1T) 1.375v
    Graphics Card #1EVGA Titan X w/ 980 Hybrid AiO Liquid Cooler
    MonitorAsus RoG Swift PG278Q
    Storage #1OCZ RD400A (Windows)
    Storage #2Samsung 950 Pro (Gaming)
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i
    CaseCorsair 780T
    Power SupplyAntec HCP-1000w Platinum
    Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry-Mx Brown
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
    Headset Roccat 5.1 True Surround Digital
    Mouse Pad Razer Vespula
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterNetgear Nighthawk AC1900
    Accessory #1 Iphone 6S 64gb
    Accessory #2 Brainwave Headset Stand
    Accessory #3 Microsoft Xbox360 Pc Controller

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Reputation
    33
    Posts
    617

    Hey,

    Having an OSD also triggers this kind of behaviour. Just so you know, arne is right.

    Max
    Cpu : Intel 5930K@4.25ghz@1.2v / Cache @4.25ghz@1.20v
    Cpu Cooler : Corsair H100i
    Case : Corsair 780T
    Memory : G.Skills 32GB DDR4-3200mhz CAS 15-15-15-35-1T@1.370v
    Motherboard : Asus Rampage V Extreme (BIOS 3504)
    M2 : Samsung 950 Pro NVME 512gb (Gaming)
    M2 : SSD1 : OCZ RD400A 128gb (windows)
    SSD1 : Crucial MX100 512gb (data)
    Gfx : EVGA Titan X w/ 980 Hybrid Cooling AiO Liquid Cooler
    PSU : Antec HCP-1000W
    Monitor : Asus RoG Swift

  10. #10
    ROG Enthusiast Array xPepi PC Specs
    xPepi PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)HP ProBook 450 G3 with Samsung M2 SSD
    MotherboardASUS ROG Maximus Hero VIII
    Processor6700k
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte 980ti G1
    MonitorBenq BL3200PT & Benq RL2460H
    Storage #1Samsung 850 EVO 250gb, 840 Evo 500gb
    Storage #2OCZ Agility 120gb, Seagate Barracuda 3TB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-d14
    CaseLian Li PC-7HX
    Power SupplyEVGA 1000P
    Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
    Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
    Headset AKG K550, Logitech C910 Camera
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX
    OS Windows 10 Home

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    35

    I also had luxmark.exe crash during stress testing and I did as someone suggested by closing all gpu related applications...afterburner, rivatuner, oc guru etc...closed it all, disabled screen saver and screen shut off and voila...no crash, ran stress test for an hour.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •