cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fan Xpert 3 ignoring fan profile.

quark54
Level 8
Hi Chaps.

Have an issue with my new build and Fan Xpert 3.

I've set up the perfect fan profile for me, saved it, and loaded. Problem is that all is fine for 3 or 4 reboots, but then I fire up the PC and Fan Xpert has ignored my profile and set a random profile.

It's not any of the preset profiles like Turbo or Standard, not sure what it is.

No big deal, I just have to re select my profile, but curious as to why and if there's a fix.

Have the latest Ai Suite 3 for the Z170 Deluxe and latest Fan Xpert.
11 REPLIES 11

quark54
Level 8
I guess this is a complete mystery then?

Thanks anyway to the single individual person that read my post.

quark54 wrote:
I guess this is a complete mystery then?

Thanks anyway to the single individual person that read my post.

I gave up on fan expert and AI suite altogether, just set things in Bios not as many options but it works.
I go back to the 8088 days.... Asus MB's, P5N32-E SLI Q6600, Rampage Formula X48 still running @ 3.5, Maximus VIII Hero Alpha.

We Gone wrote:
I gave up on fan expert and AI suite altogether, just set things in Bios not as many options but it works.

Yep, could certainly do it that way.

Was just enquiring in case it was an easy fix that had alluded me.

I like Fan Xpert to be honest, will be shame if I have to abandon it.

At the moment it's after about the third or fourth reboot it decides to do it's own thing and ignore my profile.

I suspect it's reverting to the Turbo fan preset.

DeathtoGnomes
Level 9
I think you will have better luck with fan profiles in SpeedFan. You can set your speed curve, it can do multiple profiles, but not quick changes
SpeedFan controls fans and temps, once you learn how to configure it properly. :cool:

quark54
Level 8
Yep, SpeedFan is pretty good, but to be honest, if I can't get FanXpert to work consistently, I can also do exactly the same in the UEFI. Fan curves everything. It's just handy in Windows, so wondered if anyone knew about this issue and had a fix.

I'll try reinstalling Fan Xpert when I get around to it.

FanXpert has always worked great for me, so probably just a W10 bug or something that will ultimately be fixed.

hellboy99
Level 10
quark54 wrote:
Hi Chaps.

Have an issue with my new build and Fan Xpert 3.

I've set up the perfect fan profile for me, saved it, and loaded. Problem is that all is fine for 3 or 4 reboots, but then I fire up the PC and Fan Xpert has ignored my profile and set a random profile.

It's not any of the preset profiles like Turbo or Standard, not sure what it is.

No big deal, I just have to re select my profile, but curious as to why and if there's a fix.

Have the latest Ai Suite 3 for the Z170 Deluxe and latest Fan Xpert.

Not just you, every time I boot up my PC I have to reselect my profile setup, it's seriously annoying. What with this and trying to get their Front Base Display unit to function correctly, problems with the new Strix series of graphic cards... is an absolute joke.

quark54
Level 8
Oh right, Thanks for that.

Hopefully it's a fixable issue that will be patched.

quark54 wrote:
Oh right, Thanks for that.

Hopefully it's a fixable issue that will be patched.

Don't get your hopes up, it's been a problem from day one and that's a few years now.

hellboy99 wrote:
Don't get your hopes up, it's been a problem from day one and that's a few years now.

Hasn't for me to be honest.

Worked great on my Ivy Bridge rig. My son now has it, still working great.

It's just my Skylake W10 pro system with the issue.