Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    23

    Asus ROG G751, how to bring back recovery partition?

    I've completely wiped the SSD drive to make a clean install of Windows 10. How can I format again to restore the recovery partition? I want to test Windows 8.1 exactly as it came from factory.

  2. #2
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Reputation
    12
    Posts
    177

    If you didn't back up the recovery partition using the Asus Backtracker software before wiping the drive, then you'll need to return the notebook to an ASUS service center to reinstall the original ASUS factory Win8.1 image.
    Laptop: Asus G750JZ
    OS: Win10

  3. #3
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    23

    Quote Originally Posted by redduc900 View Post
    If you didn't back up the recovery partition using the Asus Backtracker software before wiping the drive, then you'll need to return the notebook to an ASUS service center to reinstall the original ASUS factory Win8.1 image.
    No, I didn't backup the recovery partition. Probably someone already backed up the recovery partition and can be downloaded over the internet (I guess it will be the same for the each model).

    Anyway, I tried to run Asus Backtracker from Windows 10, but says "Asus Backtracker does not support your system."

    Last edited by korimitsu; 09-28-2016 at 06:54 PM.

  4. #4
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    149

    if it came with windows 10, then there is no recovery partition anymore.

  5. #5
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by pka4916 View Post
    if it came with windows 10, then there is no recovery partition anymore.
    yeah mine came with win 10, and i dont see an actual Asus partition

    and backtracker doesnt work with windows 10?

    what exactly do we use to make a factory restore?
    i bought an open box at best buy so dont know if a restore disk was missing. but usually theres a partition on the disk

    whats the best way for me to get media to do a complete factory restore?

  6. #6
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    23

    Quote Originally Posted by MDgamerP View Post
    yeah mine came with win 10, and i dont see an actual Asus partition

    and backtracker doesnt work with windows 10?

    what exactly do we use to make a factory restore?
    i bought an open box at best buy so dont know if a restore disk was missing. but usually theres a partition on the disk

    whats the best way for me to get media to do a complete factory restore?
    I use the official Windows 10 installer iso from usb. Then install all software and drivers from asus website.

  7. #7
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by korimitsu View Post
    I use the official Windows 10 installer iso from usb. Then install all software and drivers from asus website.
    ah okay
    guess that could work
    only problem though is if you used a fresh windows 10 iso, how do you get it activated?

  8. #8
    ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro
    Clintlgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Reputation
    105
    Posts
    4,126

    You notebook is already known to the MS Activation servers
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

    Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •