cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog g771jw factory reset image needed! Or other working solution

Razor440
Level 7
I have a ASUS ROG G77JW but after letting the family use it for less than 2 hours it was filled with many viruses and other crap that made normal use impossible.
I had only had the laptop for a few weeks and not really done anything with it so i had not done a backup of the factory system files for a restoring option before 3
humans with passion fingers got at it with there (apparent) extensive computer knowledge.

So long story short, after having somebody take a look at it while i was on shift working, they have deleted EVERYTHING! I mean formatted all partitions of the hdd
and put on a generic win10 install that is empty/slow and not anything like the G771JW was.
I am really hoping that someone with the same system has the files or image that i need to restore the system back to normal
(even filled with the factory loaded bloatware) anything has to be better than the complete crap that i am left to call (My Laptop). I really dont / cant send to asus
to be restored! I now need it every day and have nothing to use during the very slow process of dealing with
asus support.
3 REPLIES 3

Clintlgm
Level 14
Restoring back to factory condition probably not possible with the recovery partition corrupted. Get a Iso or set up USB chip from MicrosoftAll you hardware driver can be found here at Asus Support Downloads You should put some good Anti Virus and Malware program on. I've had great luck over many years with Norton IS or now the just call it Norton Security.

Here is how to do the clean install you'll have to make it work for your G771
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
Restoring back to factory condition probably not possible with the recovery partition corrupted. Get a Iso or set up USB chip from MicrosoftAll you hardware driver can be found here at Asus Support Downloads You should put some good Anti Virus and Malware program on. I've had great luck over many years with Norton IS or now the just call it Norton Security.

Here is how to do the clean install you'll have to make it work for your G771

i did try another format and reinstall but its still slow as a wet week i try again by following the instructions and see how it turns out.

Gave a full reformat and windows install the right way following instructions from another thread on here and it works alot better!
But for what ever reason i still would like to get a image if someone has one for the G771jw to go back to how it was when i purchased it.