cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VIII Extreme Software Pack - Daemon Tools Key Not Included

nightstrike
Level 7
I shelled out $500 for the top shelf M8E (not the assembly). This is supposed to come with a one year license for DT Pro Advanced. It doesn't. It only comes with a 60 trial license. I've called support, opened several tickets, escalated two of them, and heard absolutely nothing back from anyone. You'd think that for buying a $500 motherboard, it would include the advertised software.

Has anyone ever successfully gotten the key for this?
3 REPLIES 3

nightstrike
Level 7
Still fighting with support two months in, still no key. They are now using their disclaimer that software bundles may change as an excuse to not provide the key that they are STILL advertising as included with the M8E.

For a $500 motherboard, you'd think that they could get the software package right.

Has anyone ever been able to get the key? From what I understand, there used to be a site where you enter in your product information, but that site is no longer around that I can see.

I have asked ASUS for the key but they said they just provide the trial version, what !? I don't know how to download the trial version?

nightstrike wrote:
Still fighting with support two months in, still no key. They are now using their disclaimer that software bundles may change as an excuse to not provide the key that they are STILL advertising as included with the M8E.

For a $500 motherboard, you'd think that they could get the software package right.

Has anyone ever been able to get the key? From what I understand, there used to be a site where you enter in your product information, but that site is no longer around that I can see.

After Asus Support told me that they won't give out the software that they claim is included on their product page (one guy, the head of Level 3, cited the fine print that things are subject to change), I worked with Daemon Tools directly to get it sorted out. They did eventually provide me with the right software. Asus still has no idea that they are doing it all wrong. Ditto with Kaspersky, btw. Asus Support has no idea how to get Kaspersky in the hands of users... I had to teach them.