cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temperature variations after cleaning hardaware

Rasha-Samir
Level 7
Hello

I do not speak English, the text may contain errors.

A few days ago I brought my pc for service for cleaning harware and since then there are strange and constant temperature variations of the graphics card and also of the processor, the motherboard is an ASUS Maximus VIII Hero, the graphics card is an Asus Nvidia GTX 970 and the processor is an Intel i7 6700k . Yesterday I turned off the PC and disconnect the electrical service for a couple of hours, after that the temperature problem seemed resolved, the temperature of the graphics card was stable, but a few hours later the problem has returned .

Here is some screenshots showing variations in temperature, the temperature of the graphics card is represented by the orange line, the software with which I am measuring the temperatures is TThrottle.

http://subefotos.com/ver/?19dcce3ed552ee1f883b94cc5ee66159o.png

http://subefotos.com/ver/?d6be638dda3b1188f2b81fb3117ad2edo.png

http://subefotos.com/ver/?10a73014da6310a7a4f0b8f3a6f8de98o.png

The PC is used to process data for different Boinc projects, it is currently processing units for GPUGRID project and for World Cominity Grid project, but also the pc processes for other projects related to medical science. The time you invest in help will be very well used.

Thank you all.
13 REPLIES 13

Rasha-Samir
Level 7
Temperatures are OK, the problem is that before hardware cleaning temperatures were held constant and now they are constantly changing so the curved lines are formed. When the temperature of the graphics card increases the temperatures of the cpu cores decrease, when the temperature of the the graphics card decreases the temperatures of the CPU cores increase, this is so constantly, as shown in the line chart. Before cleaning the hardware the orange line showing the GPU temperature was kept flat.

Tanks for your answer.

Legolas
Level 9
It looks fine to me. Your temperature are normally. Typical temperatures of CPU core is 65 (average).

If you still worry about it, just increase RPM of the chassis fans & cpu's heatsink/ fan or water cooling to cool off the system, so the temperature can be lower to your temperature specifications.
Sincerely,
Legolas

Rasha-Samir
Level 7
Excuse my language errors.

The problem is not the temperature, this appears normal, the problem is that since the hardware was cleaned the temperature of the graphics card is constantly changing, before this was stable, changing only a few degrees when changing ambient temperature or when I selected a different profile in Asus GPU Tweak II, for example changing "Gaming Mode" to "Silent Mode", always keeping the temperature stable and formed an orange line appeared flat on the chart.

Now, after cleaning hardware, the temperature constantly changes about every three minutes, as you can see in the graph of lines and images of GPU Tweak II, but at times throughout the day, without my intervention , the temperature stabilizes and remains constant for a few hours, as before, then returns to vary continuously about 9 or 10 degrees.

Something changed or something was damaged when the hardware was cleaned and what I want to achieve is that the temperature of the graphics card again be stable and continues as before.
That is the problem to be solved and for that I need the help of the members of this forum.

Thanks for your answers.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Difficult to know what to say looking at things from the internet...

As the others have said...things look pretty normal. Temperature variations are normal as load varies. Is this the case? Is temperature varying with load on CPU and GPU?

Maybe there is a change in the way the programs you are running use CPU and GPU?

Rasha-Samir
Level 7
You excuse my delay in responding, could not access the forum, sometimes technology does not work as we expect it to work.

The workload on CPU and GPU are held constant as happened before cleaning because Boinc makes constant use of resources, almost unchanged, therefore temperatures should remain constant as before cleaning, nothing changed in terms of the programs that run on the CPU and GPU.

What did not happen before, as I said before, is the constant variation of + - 10 degrees temperature every three minutes. That constant temperature variation of the GPU is what I want to reverse.

What can be causing these temperature variations after cleaning the hardware?

Thanks for answering.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
You will have to monitor temps and compare to CPU and GPU usage. If usage is continuous 100% then temps should be more stable but might vary...

Can you monitor VRM temperatures...maybe throttling from there?

Have seen lots of people say BIONC etc burns out gear after a while.

Check the system over...reseat components...reseat power connections

Menthol
Level 14
Explain "Cleaning" if temperatures were fine before and different after cleaning indicates something was disturbed during the cleaning process, fan cables, heatsink mounting
If by cleaning you mean blowing the dust and dirt build up out of the inside of the chassis and heatsinks, temps usually go down, so the low temps may be lower than before and the high temps the same accounting for more temperature fluctuation

Rasha-Samir
Level 7
Again I have taken a long time to respond. I answer to all users responding.

The workload of CPU and GPU always remains constant and the cleaning process only dust has been removed hardware. I did a little checking on the hardware connections and everything seems fine but I can be wrong.

In the last two days I've noticed something happens, although I'm not sure of this: if I turn off the PC and let the temperature drops, when I go on again and start processing with Boinc temperatures remain stable as before cleaning the hardware, if I reboot the pc without letting it cool down or I turn off the PC and turn it on without letting it cool, when I return to process data Boinc temperatures return to fluctuate + - 10 degrees every three minutes approximately.

That's what I think I've seen in the last days.