Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG278Q problem with last Nvidia Drivers

Kyo88
Level 7
Hi to all.
I'm writing to describe a problem.
With all the 37x.xx nvidia drivers i have some problems. The monitor shows gray/black lines, this problem disappear if i set 120hz instead 144hz or if i use 368.81 driver.

I'm the only one with this annoing problem? Solution?

Thanks per attention and for reply 🙂
17 REPLIES 17

Crashcourse316
Level 9
Kyo88 wrote:
Hi to all.
I'm writing to describe a problem.
With all the 37x.xx nvidia drivers i have some problems. The monitor shows gray/black lines, this problem disappear if i set 120hz instead 144hz or if i use 368.81 driver.

I'm the only one with this annoing problem? Solution?

Thanks per attention and for reply 🙂

Do a clean install of the new driver. If the issue is still there do a clean install of an older driver. If it is still an issue try a new cable.
I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v
MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 OC core:2055Mhz Mem:5504Mhz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like what I post, hit that Rep button.
If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.

Kyo88
Level 7
i have already try everything, and the problem is still here :\.
As i said whit 368.81 all works perfect, and also if i set 120hz instead of 144hz (with the last driver) all works fine.

I think that is a driver bug

I had a similar issue when browsing some sites were glitching after scroling, I updated to the latest nvidia drivers released a couple days ago. Seems to have sorted out the problem for me.

Kyo88 wrote:
i have already try everything, and the problem is still here :\.
As i said whit 368.81 all works perfect, and also if i set 120hz instead of 144hz (with the last driver) all works fine.

I think that is a driver bug

What video card/cards are you using?
I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v

If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.

Kyo88
Level 7
I have a 1070 FTW.
Meanwhile i found a workaround that works for me.
If i go to Nvidia control panel, set 120hz and then i set 144hz the problem disappears until next reboot/wake up/turn on

Kyo88 wrote:
I have a 1070 FTW.
Meanwhile i found a workaround that works for me.
If i go to Nvidia control panel, set 120hz and then i set 144hz the problem disappears until next reboot/wake up/turn on

yea thats odd. 1070 shouldn't have any issue at all. I rebuildmy computer fresh fairly often so I pretty much am running a clean install of windows 70% of the time. Maybe you want to try doing a fresh install of windows and see if that fixes it. you could submit a bug report to Nvidia and see if they want any info from you about it for future drivers.
I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v

Crashcourse316 wrote:
yea thats odd. 1070 shouldn't have any issue at all. I rebuildmy computer fresh fairly often so I pretty much am running a clean install of windows 70% of the time. Maybe you want to try doing a fresh install of windows and see if that fixes it. you could submit a bug report to Nvidia and see if they want any info from you about it for future drivers.

I have done a fresh installa 3 weeks ago, when i build my new config, and that problem appear from the first time (also in the old config).

Can you tell me how to do a bug report to nvidia? I'm noob in that 😄

Crashcourse316
Level 9
Just to verify you did this already, did you install the drivers specific to this monitor from the disc or from Asus's website download for this monitor. This isn't a monitor that you want running the microsoft generic pnp monitor driver.
its under the "others" dropdown.

https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-SWIFT-PG279Q/HelpDesk_Download/

right here for bug report http://www.nvidia.com/object/driverqualityassurance.html

click on the link and click give feedback or whatever it is. then there is a send bug report button, it will have you log in with an account and you should be good from there.
I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v

Kyo88
Level 7
I have the PG278Q, the TN model. The Nvidia control panel recognize it like "Ancor Comuinicatios inc", ancd on the Asus site ther is not driver for this monitor :\.

Thanks for nvidia link, now i report this bug 🙂