cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VS Can't two-finger scroll on Touchpad after resuming from sleep?

torque
Level 7
I have a G752VS-RB71 and experiencing this issue. Is anyone else having this problem? When I close the lid, then reopen it, the touchpad works, but I can no longer two-finger scroll. In addition, the sensitive is ridiculous so I can no longer type without my palms touching the touchpad and having it affect my typing.

If I restart my computer, everything is fine again, but obviously that's not really a solution. This only happens after I close the lid and reopen the lid.

ASUS Smart Gesture is NOT installed, and was never installed. I never bothered installing it as I figured it wasn't needed since it wasn't one of the default programs. The Drivers & Tools page for this laptop on ASUS doesn't list it either.
22 REPLIES 22

Aghoithae
Level 7
I too have problems with the Asus Precision Touchpad driver when upgraded to Win 10 Anniversary.

I even made an RMA thinking that the touchpad what faulty, but the new laptop had the same touchpad problem as the first, so I did note that an incompatibility between the Asus Precision Touchpad and Windows 10 build 1607 is the source of the issue.

I simply can't use the multitouch gestures on the touchpad when windows starts or resume from sleep. I have to, each windows session, manually reinstall the driver in the device manager to get it full fonctional.
So I reverted the update to the 1511 build.

Please make us that thing fixed.

I found another source that identified the trackpad as an ELAN 1203: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?87439-G752vs-touchpad-issue/page3

Aghoithae wrote:
I did note that an incompatibility between the Asus Precision Touchpad and Windows 10 build 1607 is the source of the issue.

Aghoithae do you have a link to share that would show more detail or a statement from Microsoft or ASUS?

I've also tried various things but no luck:

Aghoithae, you said you “reverted the update to the 1511 build.” Do you know of a way to do this if I don't have an ISO of the 1511 build? I bought the laptop with the latest build installed so I can't use the normal roll back method.

Cheers,
Morg

Same problem here. I have a G701VI which also has an Elan touchpad.

Disabling Windows fast start-up makes gestures work after shutdown. But touchpad gestures are always gone when waking up from sleep. A reboot is the only way (that I know of) to restore them.

Maybe this is a Windows feature;)

BogdanCiulei
Level 8
Same problem here. Sleep or hibernate will break the touch pad driver.
Tried various version myself and nothing fixes this, and its not because of Windows, I have 2 more laptops with 1607 and both touchpads work well after sleep ( other brands , older Elan touchpads )
The G752VS has Elantech 1203 which I believe is not yet supported by the driver ( hope they fix it soon )

I can't believe the deafening silence on this issue from ASUS!

There are threads all over this site and indeed all over the Internet - a few claim to have found solutions but it seems that the vast majority are still looking for a solution. I have tried everything that has been suggested without the issue being resolved.

ASUS - in case this is unclear:
THE MOUSE GESTURES STOP WORKING AFTER THE LAPTOP SLEEPS.

I have wasted 5+ hours trying to fix this without luck. ASUS support regurgitates the same response... Reinstall drivers, which of course most of us had already tried. They listed the drivers and suggested the load order. Followed exact instructions and order but - no go. They suggested a factory reset. Drastic, but I tried it yet still has the same issues after allowing windows to update. No go. The final step they say is to return to the dealer. Like they will have any more luck... I also got one for a friend (same model G752) and the exact problem is there.

For a laptop that costs the price of half a car, the lack of communication and urgency on this issue is astounding.

Have I really made a mistake purchasing an ASUS?

ASUS FIX THIS OR UPDATE THE STATUS OF THIS ISSUE URGENTLY!

Else it's gonna go viral..

Aghoithae
Level 7
Please Asus fix this or update the status of this issue urgently!

Same problem here... Also numlock is the opposite way around, it will stay on after sleep but needs turning back on after every restart. Bit of a pain when using a pin to unlock.

Exact same issue with the Two finger Scroll unavailable after Sleep.
Every solutions found on internet tested, every one of them failed.

Please Fix this !

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Why're you guys even using 'sleep' for? Just shut down your PC. You've got an SSD, boot times shouldn't be longer than 10 seconds. :f

Sleep isn't really good for your PC anyhow, shutting down keeps your sessions fresh.

Of course this doesn't fix the problem, but I highly suggest getting out of the habit of using Sleep.. Hybernate's a better option if you must suspend your system, but again.. shutdown is more healthy.